RustRidge B&B / Winery
$360
Harvest Inn(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
$309
$259
$675
LuxuryCollection
$339
El Bonita Motel(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
$196
Hotel St. Helena(St. Helena)
$199
$187
  • Bar/Lounge
Wydown Hotel(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
$270
Hotels.com
Meadowood Napa Valley(St. Helena)
$1,075
Auberge du Soleil(Rutherford)
$1,275
Hotels.com
All reviewshorse ranchrust ridgeoff the beaten pathtasting roomfriendly dogs and catsrace horsesa fantastic place to staynapa valleyhiking trailrelaxing getawayhot tubsusanchillieshostslabswinerywines
Reviewed March 5, 2012

First, I have to comment on the people giving this B&B poor reviews. After reading their reviews, it reminded me of why I could never work with the general public. There are some people who will never be satisfied, or happy. I would bet they give sour reviews for everything they encounter.
For my wife and myself, the ranch/winery/B&B was just what the doctor ordered. It was relaxing, peaceful, and bucolic to the max. If you just show up without the expectation of being waited on 24 hours a day, like royalty, you will not regret your descision to stay at this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Bud s
Reviewed December 13, 2011

When we arrived at the property (about 7pm), the owner met us and seemed angry that we arrived so late. She kept demanding to know why we were "late." Since the property does not have a restaurant and there are no restaurants within many miles, it seemed strange we were "in trouble" for stopping for dinner. My friend needs some sort of noise to fall asleep to and had to ask at least three times for assistance in finding and setting up a VCR. There is no tv, no internet, no cell service, etc.

Our wine tasting (advertised as included in the rate) consisted of one small sip of two different wines on the night of our arrival in the kitchen. The beds were very hard and rooms had no heat except for a portable space heater. Breakfast is advertised between certain hours, but there was hardly anything available when I went to eat. My friend was not comfortable in her room and did not like the environment so we asked to be released from a second night. The owner angrily obliged us, but refused to serve me wine in the wine tasting tent where I was trying wine for possible purchase before we left. I did buy a bottle of their premium wine.

When I asked her why I couldn't try the wine, she said "I just don't feel like letting you." While I appreciate she has the right to deny me or anyone else, I was embarrassed. I don't think it is good hospitality to treat someone who paid about $500 for one night's stay so poorly.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank Suze1907
Reviewed November 1, 2011

The owner greeted us and offered a taste of their wine and some cheese. We were able to cook dinner in their kitchen that evening and sit by the fire. It was quiet and beautiful for our walks after a hearty breakfast. We enjoyed feeding apples to the horses and tasting wine at the tasting room. A wonderful place to stay and enjoy the surrounding countryside.

Room Tip: We liked the CHiles Valley room although the poolside room looked very good.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We arrived prior to check-in time and tracked someone down to see if we could check in early. The small staff seemed to treat the B&B like a distraction, they were nice but very busy and overwhelmed with the harvest and taking care of the ranch. Most communication was absent, and we received minimal information of what to do and see in the area. The accommodations are in need of a good sprucing up and updating, the rooms and carpet are somewhat old and worn looking. We had booked two rooms not realizing we were to share a bathroom (that was part of 1 of the rooms). Since we were the only guests we asked to use one of the hallway bathrooms and were allowed. For the price ($340/night with tax) it did not meet our expectations. The pool was dirty and green, not swimmable. We saw the hot tub next to the pool but were never given any instructions or information if this was usable. The large scrapbook/albums in the living room were full of information on the history of the ranch and area restaurants and such, but most information was over 10 years old. The main reason I gave this place an "average" rating was because of the good breakfast. It was prepared by hired help who did not speak English, but she served it family style on a large dining room table. The breakfast food was plentiful and good, with a variety of hot and cold items. We would have liked to have done a wine tasting but there was no one available during our stay in the tasting room. As we were checking out, Susan did apologize for being an absent hostess during our stay.

Room Tip: Most rooms are very small and located off one main slim hallway. It looks like this building may have been a horse barn at one time and converted into bedrooms for people.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank PegEggHead
Reviewed October 10, 2011

If you are looking for a trendy spot, then keep on moving. But if you are looking to unwind, unplug and enjoy the company of great hosts (human and furred) and guests alike, then you must absolutely stay at Rustridge. It is off the beaten path, and for us that was exactly what we were looking for. Susan and Jim are the most gracious, down to earth people you will meet, and not only are you welcomed into their home, but to their working horse ranch and winery. Hang out with the sweetest cats, pet the horses, or take the friendly, mellow dogs on a walk into the vineyard foothills. Sit by the Franklin stove on a chilly night, or soak in the hot tub under a starry sky. Wine, delicious appetizers and fabulous conversation were on the menu every evening of our stay. We enjoyed using their huge farm kitchen to make dinner and heavy appetizers (and more wine!) instead of venturing down the hillside into St. Helena. The added bonus, of course, is getting to sample and purchase the fabulous wines they create, and enjoy the company of the winemakers who also host. Rustridge B&B is an experience that encompasses the energy and vibe we were seeking. We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple