“A little too busy the day we visited”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rombauer Vineyards

Rombauer Vineyards
Ranked #10 of 113 things to do in St. Helena
More attraction details
Owner description: Our St. Helena Winery, set high on a tree-covered knoll just off Silverado Trail, features a lovely porch with stunning views of the Mayacamas Mountains, a garden with over 100 varieties of plants and flowers, whimsical works of art collected by Koerner Rombauer and wine caves. We offer tastings by appointment from 10 a.M. To 5 p.M. Daily.
Lake Mary, Florida
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“A little too busy the day we visited”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Rombauer Vineyards (http://www.rombauer.com/) was a return trip for the Dorne’s and Hawkins, but had some excellent white wines, so we all did a tasting in their overcrowded tasting room. We each left with a glass and strolled through the gardens to the cave below for a photo op. Free wine glasses were included in the tasting fee.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Hawkro

Panama Province, Panama
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Excellent wines, but will need to go back to see the grounds!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

On a day my group had rented a limousine to drive us around Napa, this was the last winery we had to stop by. The couple I was with love Rombauer wines and requested we put this one on our list of places to go.
Dale at first seemed quiet and aloof, but once he started pouring the wine and sharing with us his knowledge about the winery, grapes, and, most importantly, Rombauer wines, he was engaging and very informative. During our tasting, my husband and I became club members of this winery, since we both agreed that we greatly enjoyed the same wines here (red and whites) which is unusual.
I only wish we had had more time to explore the grounds, but we spent a lot of time on more important things inside the winery of chit chatting and tasting eight different wines. We had already had lunch, and our "pumpkin" was waiting for us to depart for home. I am glad this winery was high on the list of places to go where it should be. I just received my shipment of wines and cannot wait to open up that first bottle!

3 Thank AlliTC
Sacramento, CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lovely wines and grounds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The gardens are beautiful, the view is spectacular and the wines are delicious. Truly a "joy of wine" experience.

1 Thank jammerzc
Greenbrae
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great wines and garden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Rombauer winery has wonderful wines. The zinfandel is wonderful. The Joy and port are great as well.The garden is lovely. The painted cows on the way in are fun. I belong to the zinfandel club and enjoy bringing friends to taste the wine. I enjoy visiting as well as receiving my wine yearly.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Julie W
Columbus, Ohio, USA
240 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 225 helpful votes
“A Small, Quaint Winery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We so enjoyed our visit to this family owned winery because it's off the beaten path so we didn't have to fight the crowds that are so prevalent at many of the larger wineries. Plus, their wine tastings are reasonably priced. We were really lucky to meet Moonglow as we were walking through the lovely gardens. He took us into a private area that had a view to die for - simply gorgeous. He also gave me some gardening tips! Anyone who wants a unique experience should visit Rombauer.

1 Thank teachers55