“Delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St. Helena Bistro

St. Helena Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Helena Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 49 Restaurants in St. Helena
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Loved this place! We are here on vacation with my family, which is a large group--many with dietary restrictions. The wait staff was wonderful and very accommodating. Our meal was delicious. I had grilled salmon with asparagus and black eyed peas. Fish was done perfectly and it was a creative dish. Everyone was pleased, and that's hard to do with this group! I would definitely recommend having a meal here!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kali L

Santa Rosa
“Excellent dinner for 6 of us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

A party of 6 of us were looking for a restaurant in the Yountville/St Helena area before attending a function in Yountville. We scanned the reviews and found St Helena Bistro with limited number but excellent reviews, so we made reservations for the 6 of us. We checked out the menu online before arriving and were pleased with the menu and especially the prices. The restaurant is in a building containing several other restaurants of equally smaller size. We arrived just before our reservation time and were seated immmediately. I asked for the quietest location and we were seated in the back of the restaurant, which still had moderate noise level (for my poor hearing). We each ordered various meals and were very pleased with the presentation of the dinners, and the quality of the food and the friendly attentive service. I was so impressed that I promised to return again as soon as possible, and I left a very generous tip for the serve staff. All 6 of us commented on how much we enjoyed the dining experience.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Bob C
Independence, Missouri, United States
“Great food for a great value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

This small but quaint restaurant was perfect way to end a long day. The avocado salad was fresh and well dressed and the lamb burger totally hit the spot while curbing my craving for a burger. Service was top notch.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Trenice N
Seattle, Washington
“Lovingly prepared, uniformly excellent, and served the same way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I dined at the St Helena Bistro repeatedly during my recent 10-day stay in the valley, and I seldom been so motivated to review a restaurant. Chef Israel and his wife have carefully created a fine menu in a harmonious setting and if you're there, you're family. My favorite starter was their perfect avocado salad. I tried a dining companion's Caesar and it was divine, but I thought about Bistro's Avocado Salad the whole time I was in town, and I couldn't help but order it again. And again. I loved everything I ordered: the beer-battered fish & chips were a new item, and were delicious. The handmade gnocchi, and the chipotle-glazed short ribs with mashed potatoes, were as comforting as food gets. But best of all are the unexpected moments. Something new is being tried in the kitchen. Who would like a taste? A server brings a tray to the tables offering samples. A vintner has dropped by a bottle of wine. Who'd like a taste? The bottle is promptly divided among all who would. Sharing meals in Chef Israel's world, where everyone is a local, was a highlight of my trip.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank pareolover
saint helena, ca
“Great comfort food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This new restaurant in downtown St. Helena meets the needs of residents and visitors alike. A small varied menu,with well prepared Italian, Mexican, American, Fish and Chips type cuisine,
but all prepared very well by the husband and wife owners and chef.
The prices are very fair,the service is attentive and a nice option from
all the pretentious glitz of Napa Valley eateries. The skirt steak with fries and Caesar salad side is excellent. I'll add this to my list of favorite restaurants including Leopold's and Paprika in San Francisco.
What they all have in common are fair prices, good food and owners
who really care about their customers.

• Visited November 2013