“OMG”

Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Silverado Trail
Description: Fine dining and casually elegant setting
West Hollywood, California
“OMG”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

You must eat at the Meadowood! Location Location Location + amazing food and service.... best experience ever.
Memorable!

Visited June 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Top quality high end dining although a bit frou-frou”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Overall, we very much enjoyed our dinner here - although take plenty of cash with you. The food was delicious and inventive: lots of tiny courses which left one feeling full but not stuffed. My favorite was the smoked salmon which truly melted in the mouth.

The service was very good: attentive, charming and friendly if a little over brisk on arrival. I felt a bit rushed to our table even though we were ten minutes early.

There was a fair bit of Californian blah blah around the food, all about chef and his dreams, etc. - par for the course I guess and fell on deaf ears of cynical Brits.

The ambience needs improvement though. First there was a huge marquee in the grounds pumping out a deafening disco beat. Second, there was loud muzak in the bar. Third there was different loud muzak in the restaurant itself, right next door to the bar. These sources of sound clashed to create a cacophony which was not suitable for a high-end dining experience like this.

Visited May 2013
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

The service is upscale and impecable. The food is exquisite and innovative but very tasty. The chef creates new textures and plays with flavors without loosing the essence. Great place.

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Epic”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was at the French Laundry 2 years ago in Napa and I was expecting the same kind of food and atmosphere. There were 10 of us and we were pleasantly surprised that we had our own private room and could be as loud as we wanted to be. This perk was very key for the group to have a great time at this restaurant. I must say the food in my opinion was better here than the French Laundry. The head waiter was excellent and described all the courses to a tee before they came out. The only issue I had with the head waiter was that he forgot to bring a glass of wine for my wife. But at least he remembered towards the end and apologized. The head chef actually came out and greeted us as well which was really cool. He even photo bombed our group photo in the kitchen was which totally awesome!!! I definitely enjoyed the food and ambiance here than at French Laundry. Just my opinion.

• Visited May 2013
Istanbul
“Not the best”
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

One has great expectations from Michelin 3-Stars where one pays 600 USD for two person meal. The Restaurant at the Meadowood did not really live upto our expectations. Even though service was very attentive, we did not find the dining experience extraordinarily special. I would agree with most of the critical notes. If you are staying in the resort, try The Grill instead.

• Visited May 2013