“Terrace Tasting is the best!”

Joseph Phelps Vineyards
Ranked #10 of 118 things to do in St. Helena
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This winery is one of our favorite places to visit. The view from the terrace is spectacular. Bring your camera! And the wines they serve match the view: Insignia is one of the best ones on the planet, and their cabs & chards are up with the best in Napa.

There are newer reviews for Joseph Phelps Vineyards

Reviewed August 17, 2013

A lovely place to enjoy some really nice wines. Go for a tasting and you will not be disappointed. The extremely friendly staff will give you an education and present you with a wonderful selection of wines.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Heard great things about Phelps and wanted to experience it for myself.

Property is beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Up on the hillside overlooking a smaller valley of the Napa Valley, you can't go wrong. The inside of the buildings are amazing as well.

The wines however, were just so so. I have never really had such a "quick" tasting before as I didn't find any that I liked. Tasted, swirled, tasted again, then dumped and moved on to the next one. They weren't bad by any means, just not for me.

1  Thank i_am_the_koi
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We indulged in the Terrace Tasting, which is a self paced tasting, through 8 wines. The scenery is beautiful and the self -paced, when you're ready for your next taste is a treat - you're never rushed. Even on a cloudy day, like ours, the scenery was still very enjoyable.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We came here because of the 'amazing views' but left a bit disappointed. The views were nice, but nothing spectacular. (I guess being from the hills of TN I am a little spoiled). I would say the wine was average, and though we were not looking to over-indulge, the pours were on the small side compared to other places we visited. My husband and I usually split tastings, and it was barely a taste for each of us.