“Great Light Dinner with Great Service!”
Review of Market

Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 52 Restaurants in St. Helena
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Spring and Adams
Description: Market Restaurant offers an elegant yet comfortable dining experience. Located on Main Street in St. Helena, the historical building features exposed stone walls and an antique bar dating back to the turn of the century. The menu features American classics with a fresh seasonal approach and the wine list offers a diverse selection of wines to complement Chef's creations, with an emphasis on wines from local Napa Valley vintners. In addition to a locally inspired and reasonably priced wine list, Market never charges corkage.
Reviewed July 24, 2008

My friends and I stumbled into Market one evening after our wine tasting was over for the day. The staff was warm and accommodating and we were seated right away, even without a reservation. The decor is simple, but beautiful, and the bar is just gorgeous.

We weren't starving, so my friends just ordered some soups, sides and salads. Everything was outstanding. I ordered the Mussels and Truffle Fries (a variation on the famous moules et frites national dish of Belgium) which was incredible. My friend ordered the cold asparagus soup and steamed spinach side, and she raved about both. Another friend had the homemade gnocchi and loved it.

All in all a wonderful experience, especially for just wandering in blind off the street. I will definitely be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,062)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 8, 2008

nice place for lunch, all the food is good but DON'T order the cold cucumber soup!!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 23, 2008

We went to lunch in St. Helena today to check out Market restaurant. We live in Healdsburg and the same owners of Market and Cyrus just took over Healdsburg Bar & Grill so we wanted to check it out. My husband and I had the lunch special and it was very good but I was disappointed in the wine list or at least in the "wines by the glass" list. Why not include wines from local wineries especially those that may be smaller boutique wineries. Instead the list includes wines from everywhere and the Napa wines are those you'd probably already be familiar with. Net is the food was well worth the trip to St. Helena but the wine list could use some local wines.

Reviewed April 23, 2008

I am a resident of St Helena and I am sure you have all wanted to date a super model and yes some of us have. This place reminds me of one I once dated Extremely gorgeous but completely lacking in social ability and most lacking in Domestic qualities. Food was cold, wrong, and poorly placed Service was dull and lacking in any personality. Wine list was mish mash and I really don't get the clip board in such a nice setting. Here's the deal lose the pleated pants and fake smiles. Match the style of your beautiful restaurant. And don't copy all the good things that other restaurants do well in town. THEY do it well! Use your own skills to create something worth having, other than the tuna tartare.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 5, 2008

Good comfort food with Napa Valley flair. You wont be disappointed by anything on the menu

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook