“Fabulous!”

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Deer Park Road
Description: Enjoy an innovative menu inspired by bounty of Napa Valley with seasonal ingredients sourced from the CIA's own farm and other local purveyors. Our California wine list, noted for its depth, enhances the dining experience, while the spectacular landscape and vineyard views set the stage for a rich and satisfying dining experience.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was a real treat. From the seafood appetizers to my cooked to perfection sea bass this meal was five stars. Dessert was a flourless chocolate cake with fresh berries. Service was outstanding as well. This restaurant is a destination.

There are newer reviews for Wine Spectator Greystone Restaurant

Reviewed March 20, 2013

No lunch menu at lunch time but the special was a burger. We did share bread and cheese that were very good. I ordered a fish salad plate. The fish was good and the salad OK but I didn't like the cold fried cauliflower on it. I just don't think Fried food taste good ice cold. My husband had risotto and it wasn't seasoned like normal risotto and almost tasted like rice pudding with lemon. Iced tea cost $5.00 and we had to use valet parking since no spots were available.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was not sure what to expect at a restaurant associated with the reknowned CIA. The food was certainly on par with what we expect for Napa Valley restaurants, but maybe not as exquisite as places like Bottega or the French Laundry. Our lunch entree of halibut was very tasty and the wait staff could not have been nicer. The only detraction was that we seemed to wait a longer time than usual for our entrees to arrive...don't know if this was normal or maybe they were just busy that day.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The meal was delicious but we ate outside and there was a strange odor coming from nearby - either a poorly placed dumpster of garbage or harvested discarded vines nearby. Otherwise, the patio was comfortable, pretty, and provided heat lamps for the cool evening. Great wine pairings. Four of us each got different entrees and all were very good - seafood, risotto, steak. The molten chocolate cake with kahlua and ice cream and creme brulee were a fine finish to our meal.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Many people debate the pros and cons of CIA. I have had several meals there, and it is generally quite good. On my most recent trip, I discovered, almost by accident, that the back page of the wine list has a number of artisanal/boutique wines that are available only in very limited quantities, are not generally available anywhere else, and represented some older vintages that are becoming more scarce. What was even better was that (here's the tip-) these wines were being offered at half the listed price. This information does not seem to be listed anywhere. I found out by talking with the staff about pairings for the dishes our group had chosen. My find was a very nice numbered 2002 Corison Winery Cabernet Sauvignon that was an extremely reasonable ~$50. So avoid some of the large volume stuff offered elsewhere, and try something from the back page. Another tip- see if you can score a tour with one of the students. Definitely worth the time to see how their education is managed.

1  Thank freqtraveler86