“Good restaurant if you stay at the hotel”

The Grill at Meadowood
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill at Meadowood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 51 Restaurants in St. Helena
Cuisines: Contemporary, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Silverado Trail
Description: Enjoy a casual meal in The Grill, complete with sweeping views of the estate’s grounds and golf course. The Grill offers a daily menu featuring ingredients fresh from Meadowood’s own garden. The menu and style is light and healthful with perfect and natural ingredients taking center stage.
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The service is good and the food is very acceptable. The best on the menu is the wagyu hamburger with mushrooms and fried potatoes, which is absolutely perfect. We had it two days in a row, as we were there for a couple of days. We also had and excellent wine from the Napa Valley of course, recommended by the sommelier. The atmosphere at the grill is friendly. Generally speaking the quality of the ingredients used is good and fresh. Not a top notch restaurant but very nice for having a casual dinner while staying at the hotel

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Had a delicious lunch at this "little" grill at Meadowoods Resort. Lovely setting overlooking the golf course. Food was great. Had the lobster club - I swear it was the meat of a whole lobster on a fantastic chiabatta roll with avocado. Had the bombe for dessert - cheesecake surrounding a bombe of strawberry and pistachio ice cream with sprinkles of homemade graham cracker - yum!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Charming setting overlooking the golf course. We had dinner here one evening on the patio. Wonderful cool evening temperatures, the view, and the helpful staff made this a special eveing. We had the heirloom tomato salad with fresh burrata which was so delicious. Tomatoes that tasted like real tomatoes should and a creamy, amazing burrata. My husband had the salmon which was good, but I had the grilled chicken dish which was just "bleh". The chicken was tender, but had no flavor at all. Wine selections were very nice on the grill menu.
I would say the overall experience at The Grill for dinner was good, the excellent mark is for the wonderful experiences we had at breakfast.
Always friendly, helpful, and promt service from the staff.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

This review is unique in that I was at The Grill as a guest of a wedding farewell Sunday Brunch. I found the surroundings and grounds below average. The facility was below average as well. The food was creative and some items were tasty. Some items were cold and inedible. The staffing here was the biggest concern. When I arrived a hostess was serving mimosas from a tray. Then as the brunch was presented, I had to locate someone for a cup of coffee. Then go to another table for some cream. No one ever came by to remove my finished plate, ask if I needed more coffee, or anything. My thoughts were that I was looking forward to coming to the Meadowood because of the great reputation, with plans to select a location for room and other amenities arranged. Now I will know to go elsewhere.

1  Thank TetonCLT
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were excited to see and experience this famed resort. We were a bit surprised when the valet approached us on arrival and asked us 'can I help you with something?' And basically followed us around the entrance, making us feel unwelcome.

We proceeded to the Grill Restaurant for lunch and were seated. We waited a good fifteen minutes for a server but none ever came by. It was very slow and the hostess was pleasant but remained at the podium. The other table seated had to get up to find the waitress, who glanced at us but never came over. We were terribly hungry and so finally, disappointed, elected to leave. In the end we spent almost an hour there. I would not recommend this establishment to anyone accordingly.

It should be noted that we saw no management during the course of our arrival, failed dining experience or departure.

We are staying at the flawless Auberge du Soleil up the road where the staff and service is welcoming, gracious, professional and consistent. Having stayed in many Relais & Chateau properties around the world, I do not believe that Meadowood is in alignment with their standards or reputation.

1  Thank gavriloprincip