“Great pizza ! time after time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizzeria Tra Vigne

Pizzeria Tra Vigne
Ranked #14 of 49 Restaurants in St. Helena
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
California
“Great pizza ! time after time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Some of the best pizza that you will find anywhere. Great thin crust wood fired with tangy sauce and terrific topping choices. Great for for bringing the kids and family. No corkage on bring your own bottle of wine.That is a really friendly policy.

• Visited November 2013

• Greek first
Portland, Oregon
“nostalgia...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Wow! Nostalgia.... I haven't been here for 15 years and the only things that's changed is the name. I used to frequent this place when it was called Tomatina's. They still have the big tomato out front and the community table as soon as you come in (where we used to sit with all our friends) and the pool table. Always loved the piadinis and affogatos.

The ceasar piadini did not disappoint. Not sure why more places don't make this. Salad+ pizza. So good. 4 stars. The garlic rolls are always good with chunks of real garlic smothered all over. 4 stars. I also really liked Nona's spaghetti. It really hit the spot. 4.5 stars. I ordered the insalata di pollo. I thought it was good, decent, not awesome but my wife really liked it. 4 stars. Unfortunately we did have one terrible dish. The paparedelle was terrible!!! We ordered it without shrimp but that really shouldn't make that much difference..... I saw my mother-in-law dousing it with pepper flakes and salt. She usually doesn't use any salt. She kept saying it was ok.... I finally tried it. It was so bland. Tasted like plain pasta. They must've forgotten an ingredient or few. She didn't want to make a fuss so we didn't say anything... but it was really terrible. 1 star.

Unfortunately didn't get to try the affogato.... =(

• Visited November 2013
Lake Mary, Florida
“Ceasar salad with Chicken wrap was a hit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

THe pizza's were good and the beer cold, but the Ceaasr salad(with chicken) wrapped in a pizza dough wrap was excellent!

Visited October 2013
Limerick, Pennsylvania
“Nice touch to a classic Pizza Margarita”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I love the freshness of a great Pizza Margarita so I thought I would try this highly recommended Pizzeria in St Helena. First, It is a little difficult to find the Pizzeria. It is tucked off of the main street. Directions are not very clear. Once I found it I felt that the pizza was Ok, but the nice touch was the Basil was given to you in a plastic tub so you could add as much as you would like.
The crust is thin, which is great, however, there is a thin layer of sauce on the base which isn't usual. Traditionally a Margarita has fresh tomatoes placed on top of the crust before it is baked. I didn't see any tomatoes just a thin layer of sauce. They do use a wood fired Pizza oven which gives the crust a nice crispiness. I was expecting better.

• Visited October 2013
south florida
“AWESOME!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Probably one of the top pizza joins in town. Right next to Handwritten wines so stop in for a bottle and grab a pizza! Beautiful pizza any way you want. Service is fantastic and you won't be disappointed.

Visited November 2012