“Good Casual Dining in Napa”

Cindy Pawlcyn's Wood Grill and Wine Bar
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Sushi, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mills Lane
Description: Cindy Pawlcyn’s Wood Grill & Wine Bar brings to south St. Helena the classic American fare that has made her Mustards Grill and Cindy’s Backstreet Kitchen Napa Valley legends. Nicknamed CP’s, the menu showcases Pawlcyn’s inimitable talent for fresh, tantalizing American Wine Country comfort food with made-from-scratch dishes such as Sweet Crispy Pork Belly, Dad’s House-made Potato Chips with bleu cheese dip, Brown Derby Cobb salad, Napa Cab Braised Short Ribs, Niman Ranch Burger with Cindy’s Secret Sauce, and West Coast Crab Roll. An award-winning wine program features the largest by-the-glass wine list in the Napa Valley as well as the signature ‘Vintner Splash’ on Saturday nights where local boutique vintners share complimentary tastes of their wines. The light-filled contemporary setting, family-friendly kids’ menu and large tree-shaded patio for outdoor dining (with live music Thursday nights) make the restaurant an instant Napa Valley classic.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good Casual Dining in Napa”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was our 3rd night in Napa and was happy to be in a casual, fun, varied menu restaurant considering the previouse night dinners were paired 4 course dinners. My friend even ordered a tangerine mojito and decided not to have wine. She loved! We shared eggplant fries that were delcious. I had the ribs, equally delsious. The best part of the meal was desert. We split a chocolae shake -- the kind that you don't know whether to use a spoon or a straw. Services was accomodating and relaxed. I would go back to try others options.

• Visited April 2013

Napa, California
“Average”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

With so many better restaurants in Napa Valley why waste your time and money here?

It was a slow night when my wife decided to try this place. Unfortunately, our server was also having a slow night. I guess we didn't look like big spenders. But we are big tippers being in the hospitality industry we always leave at least a 20% tip.

That night at Cyndi's was a rare occasion we left a dollar tip after having a $60 meal. The server will either step up his game and make a good living or find a job at Home Depot where his skills will fit right in.

• Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Get the Eggplant Fries”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I went there on a late Saturday afternoon for a small lunch. I had the calamari and eggplant fries and both were fantastic. The calamari is not the typical kind you would find and wasn't greasy at all. The sauce it came with was delicious. I absolutely loved the eggplant fries. They were light and almost fluffy. I sat at the bar as there was a wait for a table but worked out fine.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Classicsmjr
Frisco, Texas, United States
“Amazing Lunch on our way to wine tasting!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The restaurant is so adorable and fun! The food here was great.. I was excited to see gluten free options as well. I ordered the gluten free pizza with a salad and we shared the eggplant fries (yummo!!) I was very impressed with the service and the fact that Cindy, herself was walking around! I would definitely stop here in St. Helena!

Visited March 2013
US
“Tough to compete in Napa Valley”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Ambiance is good, lots of wines. I ordered baby back ribs and they were good. Other food was somewhat bland. If this restaurant were somewhere else I would have given it another star.

Visited March 2013