“Ate here twice!”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mills Lane
Description: Cindy Pawlcyn’s Wood Grill & Wine Bar brings to south St. Helena the classic American fare that has made her Mustards Grill and Cindy’s Backstreet Kitchen Napa Valley legends. Nicknamed CP’s, the menu showcases Pawlcyn’s inimitable talent for fresh, tantalizing American Wine Country comfort food with made-from-scratch dishes such as Sweet Crispy Pork Belly, Dad’s House-made Potato Chips with bleu cheese dip, Brown Derby Cobb salad, Napa Cab Braised Short Ribs, Niman Ranch Burger with Cindy’s Secret Sauce, and West Coast Crab Roll. An award-winning wine program features the largest by-the-glass wine list in the Napa Valley as well as the signature ‘Vintner Splash’ on Saturday nights where local boutique vintners share complimentary tastes of their wines. The light-filled contemporary setting, family-friendly kids’ menu and large tree-shaded patio for outdoor dining (with live music Thursday nights) make the restaurant an instant Napa Valley classic.
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Love the Mediterranean inspired food, excellent bar and wine selections by the glass, plus attentive service. Our first evening here was with a group of 8 for a meeting. The staff handled everything professionally. The food was good and there were more things on the menu I wanted to try, so we came back another evening with my family of 5. This time we were seated outside in the lovely patio and enjoyed another good meal and great service. In my total of three visits here I have eaten numerous small plates (soups, salads, appetizers, little plates, pizzas) in order to try a number of dishes - none have disappointed, but I have not eaten any of the heavier entrees.

There are newer reviews for Cindy Pawlcyn's Wood Grill and Wine Bar

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Well, I had higher hopes for this restaurant. I found the service to be somewhat uninspired, as was the food for that matter. I had the winemakers pork, which was surprisingly bland. I loved their wine selection, however. This was the highlight of the meal! The gazpacho was a bit salty for me and the dessert was again, uninspired. Will not return, there are so many good restaurants here!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Had lunch at Brassica on 4-20-12 with 4 others during a wine tour of the area. Food was good, wait staff was courteous and restaurant appeared clean. However I was served a glass of water with a live silverfish swimming in my glass. I pointed this out to our server and was given a new glass of water. This definitely changed the mood for everyone at the table.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Honestly we just stopped in here to have a drink before going to dinner somewhere else......but we were almost tempted to change our dinner plans. The wine list was incredible and the bartender - George was entertaining us with magic tricks. When we were done with our drinks he actually gave us each a little more to drink as the "wine expert" had a surprise for us - a plate of zuccini fries which were really good. Needless to say we skipped dessert at the other restaurant so we could come back here to finish up the evening. I can't really speak to the full blown dinner menu - but this place is really worth a visit.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Was not impressed! Expensive menu, nothing to get excited over. AND my card got hacked by their system! (not by any of the employees...) I miss Go Fish :(