“Gourmet Market with Everthing”
Review of Sunshine Foods

Sunshine Foods
Ranked #14 of 52 Restaurants in St. Helena
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We shop there every day. They are a "chef's" market and rarely are without the exact ingredient you are seeking. Their quality is superb and if they don't have it they are happy to get it for you. Their wine and cheese selections are second to none. On top of everything, their prices are competitive.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I read that we could take a picnic lunch with us to Rombauer, so I scoured TripAdvisor and Yelp for options. Both pointed to Sunshine. I looked at the menu online then called the day before to order our boxes. My husband had the traditional box size (Sioux Z Q sandwich and Pesto Pasta salad), and I went with the lighter boxed option of a half sandwich (tri-tip) and chips. Both of those together were a little too much for both of us, so we saved the chips and cookies for later.

The prices, although high at first blush, are pretty typical for wine country. If we had been staying at a place with a kitchen, we might've made our own sandwiches, but this was just really convenient and much quicker than a sit-down lunch. Since I had placed my order the day before, I didn't have to stand in the deli line, which was starting to back up. Will definitely consider this option again when want to picnic somewhere.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is the place to stock up on cheese, olives, incredible salami's, and if you have a kitchen, seafood and steaks.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I love this little grocery store which is bursting with all the usual breads and milks. It also has a huge wine selection and offers many items from local producers from beans to cheeses to jams to birdhouses. If you are like me and enjoy true local flavor (who needs to go on a vacation to visit the same chain stores you visit at home), Sunshine is a refreshing stop.

1  Thank MichelleM650
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Great choice of luxury wines ,specialty and gourmet foods not found at the chain grocers. Seafood and meat dept. is top notch