“Easy breakfast on way to wine tour”
Review of Gillwoods Cafe

Gillwoods Cafe
Ranked #10 of 52 Restaurants in St. Helena
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I were on our way to a wine tour north of Saint Helena. We stopped here for brunch. This place is similar to an IHOP. They have all day breakfast and several other non-breakfast items on the menu. Not quite as extensive as IHOP menu though. We had their short stack pancakes (two large pancakes). Their portions appear to be large so order accordingly. The two pancakes filled me up and I am a moderate size breakfast eater. Prices and service are good. The food was good. The restaurant is right on Main Street so it is easy to find. The only con is parking is on the street so you may have to park on a side street and walk a block. I would dine here again.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is a small family run place, right on main street in St. Helena. This place is so good that whenever I am in the area, I make time in my schedule to eat breakfast there. This morning I drove almost 40 minutes out of my way to have breakfast there. The place is bright and cheery and the service is always friendly. The portion sizes are not overwhelmingly large, but I'm always stuffed when I leave. There is a community table down the middle of the room where you are welcome to sit, but you will have other people sharing the table. One hint, get there before 9:00 or so if you want a seat. Shortly after that the place fills up with locals.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

we had brunch here and it was as expected, decent, average and was fine for what we were looking for but there are far better places than this in town

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Love the location! Service was great. Prices are good. The food, however was really average. We had a patty melt with sweet potato fries and a club sandwich. Both were ok, but have had so much better at several other restaurants, even fast food. No regrets going there, but won't go again.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We arrived early on a Monday morning (about 8:00AM) and there were empty tables. The menu is extensive! Great coffee, too. The portions are huge--beware! The service was fast and knowledgeable. The location is excellent because you're on the road to the wineries in St. Helena and beyond.