“Wonderful service for a large group”

Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in St. Helena
Cuisines: American, Latin
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hunt St.
Description: Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen is the place to be in the Napa Valley!
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were here as part of a large group (over 50). The food was fresh and wonderfully prepared. The service was great and I was impressed by the ability to serve such a large group in a very organized manner.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a delightful dinner recently at Cindy's. We sat in the bar area where the tables are nestled close together. I had pork tacos for an appetizer and spinach enchildas for my entree. My wife opted for a salad and chicken dish for her entree. All the food was savory and it was definitley an energetic crowd. We enjoyed our experience and noted there seemed to be a lot of locals having dinner.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

My husband and I both had the curried chicken salad and thought it was really fantastic. We thought our server was very helpful and loved sitting outside on the patio. We wouldn't think twice about going back.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Cindy's has always been among my favorite in the valley. Lately, however, the menu and food have suffered in a way that has me going elsewhere. I'll always have a very soft spot in my heart and stomach for Cindy's, but it's just not what it used to be.

A clear example is the mussel dish. It used to be divine. Easily the best muscles that I have ever had, period, and among the top 5 dishes in existence. For whatever reason, probably sales, they changed it to a curry sauce, and now it's awful.

While someone is in the background undermining the muscles, much of the menu has remained pretty static, full of so/so dishes that don't do much for me. In every case, the desserts are off the charts; especially the Campfire Pie.

Cindy's is still among the best in the valley, but it has been and can be much better.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The service was nothing to write home about, and our waiter messed up our order twice. However, the manager was wonderful and helped to make amends. Some of the food looked good, but the warm salmon on cold noodles is something to avoid.