“A really nice suprise”

Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 52 Restaurants in St. Helena
Cuisines: American, Latin
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hunt St.
Description: Cindy’s Backstreet Kitchen combines a classy supper club with the flair of a speakeasy to create the perfect upscale eatery and neighborhood hang-out. Guests enter the restaurant through the brick patio, which features several tables for alfresco dining, shaded by a 100-year-old fig tree and warmed by the kitchen’s wood-burning oven. Once inside, the lively bar area, with its zinc top, wood floors and cozy banquettes serves up classic and hip cocktails alike, creating the perfect place for a quick lunch, drinks or coffee and dessert after a movie. The downstairs dining room has handmade wooden booths with crisp striped fabric-backed seats next to big windows with lushly planted flower boxes. Floral wallpaper and dark stained hardwood floors add a touch of speakeasy drama, while cozy built-in cabinets display Cindy’s travel artifacts and a selection of her own handmade pottery.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We were at a winery and when asked where to have lunch we were directed to Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen. Our meal was amazing, although I wasn't all that thrilled with my sea bass dish, but everyone else enjoyed theirs and were willing to share. I would have loved to have tried the Campfire pie, but we were already over our budget for lunch. We had a bottle of Smith-Madrone wine with our lunch and loved it! We were then directed to the winery where we had a private tasting. Probably the best tasting experience we had the whole trip.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I don't think you could choose one wrong thing on this menu! We went here on a friend reccomendation and ordered the bingo oysters based on her non-stop chatter about them and boy, was she right! They were AMAZING! They were oysters, but baked in parmasean and garlic and oh soo sooo sooooo good!!! We also had the pollenta fries, AMAZING, the curry chicken salad, YUM, the pork tacos, tasty and the steak stuffed peppers, very good. For dessert...how can you say no to dessert, the s'mores campfire pie!!! TO DIE FOR! I mean, come on!!!! All the food was amazing and I will think about it and wish for it all the time. When I get back to Napa, I will return!!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Believe the hype; one of the best mid-range restaurants in Napa.
My Chinatown Duck burger was flavorful but the highlight was the amazing fries- probably one of the best, crunchiest fries i've ever had.
The Campfire pie was huge- perfect for sharing among 4 girls.
Service was great; very friendly, funny, and attentive.

Highly recommend for Sunday brunch/ lunch

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

The Bingo oysters are to die for. The pork tacos wonderful. The grilled artichokes incredible. Very nice atmosphere and the service was excellent

Reviewed April 24, 2013

After an error with an online reservation (we had 10 and the reservation was for 2) on a Saturday night...

The staff fixed everything and sat us right away. WE were there for hours and they even waived half of the corkage fees on 10 bottle of wine.

Duck was OUTSTANDING. Steak dish was excellent!

The chocolate pudding was my favorite.

Second time I've been there and still not disappointed!!!