“The Mozzarella Is Awesome!”
Review of Tra Vigne - CLOSED

Tra Vigne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 29
Description: Tra Vigne Restaurant, nestled in the heart of Napa Valley's historic St. Helena, delivers a captivating blend of old world Italy and the fresh, local ingredients of wine country. The vine covered building has tall, grand ceilings. Adjacent is the mesmerizing Tuscan Courtyard, and a canopy of trees with festive white lights offers diners "al fresco" dining in a restaurant that celebrates its 25th year in the Napa Valley. The menu at Tra Vigne represents the marriage of two of the world's most renowned culinary regions: Tuscany - defined by hearty pastas, meats, cheese and olive oil and Napa Valley - a destination that celebrates fresh, local ingredients with a focus on artisanal preparation designed to highlight its acclaimed wines.
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Not only did this restaurant come highly recommended by Trip Advisor, but a girlfriend of mine said she goes there every time she is in Napa. We made reservations, just in case, for the Monday night we arrived. We had great service from the time we walked in the door. My mom and I wanted to share a few items on the app menu as well as a salad. I have been in plenty of places that frown on this type of thing, but our server didn't mind in the least bit, even had the salad split!

The mozzarella appetizer is the best ever! I could eat that every single day! We also had the arancini and the ceasar salad. I WANT MORE OF THE MOZZARELLA! There were fantastic choices as entrees on the menu, but my mom and I wanted to take it easy after a day of travelling and we were not disappointed with our selections.

Also to be noted, this is a beautiful place. We sat inside but there were tables around the outside as well as a fantastic courtyard area. Apparently there is also a pizza place that is open for lunch. We didn't have the opportunity to partake in that.

Overall, I would absolutely recommend this restaurant and would eat there again for sure!

Enjoy your trip!

There are newer reviews for Tra Vigne

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Although I attended with a large group, the service was excellent, the food was so good. We experienced quite a medley of food, including beef tenderloin (so tender), chicken (ok) and spinach ravioli (marvelous). The wine selections were excellent and the wine we was served was an excellent choice. If I liked tiramasou I think this would have been an excellent one. The charm of the rooms were also excellent with lots of ambiance

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Our waiter told us that the mozzarella was "life changing." It was not, but it was very, very tasty. We split the Carbonara which was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever had (and I have been all over Italy and the world). The mini doughnuts were a good dessert but I was a little disappointed that they were actually doughnut holes and not mini doughnuts - must have missed that description.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

The service was impeccable, the food was outstanding & the atmosphere sent me back to Italy!! There is nothing not to love about this place!!!

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We have stopped for lunch at Tra Vigne every time we visit Napa Valley and we have never been disappointed. My favorites are the mozzarella and the fig pizza (seasonal). Service is always attentive but not overbearing and the patio seating is wonderful.