“The Standard By Which Others Are Judged” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Terra Restaurant

Terra Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Terra Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 49 Restaurants in St. Helena
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Adams and Hunt
Saint Helena CA USA
“The Standard By Which Others Are Judged”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Calm, sophisticated, elegant, inventive. For decades Terra has been, and remains, the standard by which other restaurants in the Napa Valley should be judged. Stunning food presentation and excellent service always with no pretension.

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
“An high class restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

At Terra I had a 5 dish dinner served together with local wine. The waiter had a good knowledge of paring meal and wine and the chef himself served several of the dishes explaining the composition. Recommended.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank radiv999
Dallas
“Disappointed & Will Never Return!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife I have been regular visitors to Napa Valley for the past fifteen (15) years and previously always enjoyed our visits to Terra. Unfortunately, those days have now ended. Since the owner Hiro opened up his second restaurant in San Francisco, his focus on Terra has now declined. Now it's a tasting menu and has designating seating times. Ridiculous! We've been regular us timers for fifteen (15) years and had to dine when it as once in to Terra and not my wife and I. Greeted by a less than friendly and very young receptionist. Sh could not have cared less if my wife and or had been regulars or strangers. The menu has change into these "little bite" courses. Many or which my wife and I would be order! One was a small lobster which was still in it's shell and was impossible to remove. Hiro's wife came out of the kitchen and immediately poolside that the shell should have been cracked open by the kitchen staff. Where's Hiro? Oh, he's at the other restaurant n San Francisco now! Our waiter as less than friendly and showed no composition or simply for our disappointment. I wanted to leave voter the first course but my wife reminded me that our 5* Hotel had booked our dinner reservation and did not wish to add a black mark to this fact. Each subsequent course arrived with disappointment and had not taste and or appeal.

We explained our dissatisfaction to the wait and he basically ignored us. After dropping $500 on a magnificent otter of Napa Valley Cult Wine on this disaster was a truly disappointment.

The waiter offered us a free desert but, my wife and I were totally done at this point.

After reluctantly paying the bill the wait said "oh well, guess we won't be seeing you both for a while and hope that enjoyed the ride."

How unprofessional and absolutely in called for!

There are many 5* restaurants in the valley and would recommend that you spend our money elsewhere.

After all these years, my wife and I unfortunately will never return to Terra. Never!

Regards

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank DallasWineGuy
“TERRA FIRMA INDEED!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Want quiet, non-hussle, warm, cozy in the middle of Napa Valley with terrific food and wine? Run...don't walk to Terra!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank vino4u
Scottsdale, Arizona
“The Best of the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

In a sea of Great food throughout the Napa Valley, there is NO place better ! We have many friends who live in the Valley and ALL agree that the best restaurant is not in Yountville, but rather right in the middle of St. Helena - Terra. It's a special place for special occasions with top notch staff and Chef. Simply, the Best !

Visited January 2013