“Now named "Archetype"”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of French Blue - CLOSED

French Blue
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Adams Street
Description: Fantastic Place. Only been open a week. great salads and wonderful patio for enjoying a glass of wine and the sites!!
NYC
“Now named "Archetype"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

This was a great place to have brunch before hitting the wine trails! All of the meal was impeccable from the drinks to the dessert we ordered. The indoor decor is really beautiful and makes you feel like you have been taken to another country! This will be a regular stop when we hit up Napa!

• Visited October 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“First day open for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I love Napa Valley for it's cuisine, I'm in the wine business so I travel there often.

We found French Blue as usual by driving around and checking out the scene. We got to the restaurant right when they opened for lunch on their first day open for lunch. We had no idea it was their first day of business at the time, you would have never known by the great food and service, it usually takes months to get these things running smoothly.

We had the farmers pickled vegetable mix, then the best French onion soup that I have had in the States. I got the Burger and fries and it was fantastic perfectly cooked mid-rare.

This place is owned by Leslie Rudd of Rudd Winery, Press Steak house and the famous Oakville Grocery . I highly recommend. Nice small menu and very good Napa cuisine . I visited in June 2012, web site wont let me go back that far!

• Visited August 2013
New Zealand
“A very enjoyable night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely evening out, service was a little slower but we prefer it that way. Knowledge of the wine and food menu was thorough. Food, although not perfect was very good - especially the lemon meringue pie. Cocktails were delicious too. We had a good laugh with the matre d and the night was relaxed. Would love to come back again.

Visited July 2014
Finland
“Contemporary decor & Scandinavian style menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

This is an ideal stop for a healthy lunch. The place has been refurbished and renamed "Archetype" with a complicated slogan: "A singular idea, a classic example - A standard, an ideal experience". The menu was refreshing with a good variety for food that reminded me of Scandinavia.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank meriah
Mobile, Alabama
“Excellent food and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

The atmosphere was causal and nice. We ordered several appetizers to split. I don't remember what we ordered for they were much different than typical appetizers offered. Very flavorful with fresh ingredients. I enjoyed being adventurous and trying new flavors. I ordered the salmon and my wife had halibut. Both were delicious. The portions were good and there was no corkage fee. I can see this being a favorite among locals. Wonderful flavors, healthy and fresh farm to table food. I would definitely return. it won't cost you an arm and a leg to eat at this restaurant. Good value.

• Visited June 2014