“Magnifique!”

French Blue
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Adams Street
Description: Fantastic Place. Only been open a week. great salads and wonderful patio for enjoying a glass of wine and the sites!!
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We found this by chance and had a late breakfast. Super comfy seats that make you feel like you could stop and have a long conversation with the meal; neat, chic vibe with white-on-white design; and fabulous food. We had baked eggs, blueberry pancakes (seriously the best--light cake, plump berries) and potatoes. Couldn't finish it. I'd make a point to go back for lunch and/or dinner on my next visit.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This restaurant opened in 2012 and is conveniently located in downtown St. Helena. Unfortunately, there is no parking lot, so you have to find space on the street. Great outdoor seating with a fireplace. A new awning is going up. I had the pulled pork sandwich, which was very tasty with lots of coleslaw on top.
We recommend this new addition to the dining scene.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

French Blue was recommended to us for dinner by a friend at work. I looked at their menu and prices ahead of time and it was well within budget and it looked like a nice enough place. After leaving our tasting at Pride Mountain up the road we went to French Blue for dinner.

We sat outside since it was so nice out, but the inside looked very nice as well, without being pretentious. We had the flatbread as an appetizer and it was HUGE! It was basically a sausage and mushroom pizza and it was absolutely delicious. I honestly cannot remember what we ordered for our entrees but we ate every last morsel. We also got some fries as a side to share and they were made in duck oil or something like that... it was amazing.

They gave my wife a desert for free for her birthday and we were really appreciative of it. The server was prompt and nice and had a good sense of humor on her too. We shared a bottle of Domaine Carneros bubbly which was priced appropriately as well.

This was a good place for a business meeting, casual meeting with friends, or a nite out with your sweetie. We really enjoyed it and hope you do too!

1  Thank Nick S
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I visited this place for breakfast once.

The breakfast menu is a little different and high quality...lots of information about food provenance, for example.

I had the Main Street breakfast which was OK, but the mounds of oversauteed potatoes just overwhelmed the dish and the bacon was overcooked. At probably 30% more than other more traditional places on the same street which admittedly aren't as beautifully decorated, it maybe explains why I was the only customer in there at 9am

If they want to play at the top end of the market, somebody needs to tell the kitchen

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great vibe, great fresh food and the place to be for great fare. Right from the farm to your table is the motto here. Beautiful French farmhouse decor and wonderful service makes this restaurant hard to beat in the St. Helena area.