“Gorgeous restaurant with fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of French Blue - CLOSED

French Blue
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Adams Street
Description: Fantastic Place. Only been open a week. great salads and wonderful patio for enjoying a glass of wine and the sites!!
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Gorgeous restaurant with fantastic food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place is beautiful. We sat outside and had great drinks and food. Pork sandwich and fries were delicious. My wife had Kale and eggs that were also great.

Inside or outside it is an architectural treat.

Sheboygan, WI
“French Blue leaves you feeling anything but”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I arrived 10 minutes early for my 7:30 reservation and was seated immediately. I always appreciate that; no quasi-need to detain me at the bar to prepare my table. I was seated at a great location table near the stadium kitchen, in spite of being a solo diner. Complimentary sparkling water was an extravagant extra. My server was attentive and prompt and helpful with a wine selection by the glass. If anything, this was the singular area they fell down; selection of wines by the glass was exceedingly limited, especially for a restaurant at ground zero of California wine country!
My entree was a spectacular sirloin of lamb prepared just as I requested- medium rare.
The selections on the menu were varied but somewhat limited. I would like to see about 12-15 more selections.
I could easily see myself back at French Blue in the future.

Greenville, Ohio
“Great setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Four of us had late breakfast here. The outside seating is relaxing and comfortable. Service was excellent and the food was also. It's a great place to have a leisurely meal with friends. We did not see much of the inside of the restaurant, but what we saw was inviting and comfortable. The food portions were huge - enough to keep us fueled during our wine takings. I would definitely recommend.

“Lunch was great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We happened to just pop into French Blue for lunch during one of our days. I had not researched it ahead of time, but driving by it looked intriguing. Although, we didn't have reservations (it was lunch at around Noon), they seemed a little put off that we didn't but ended up seating us within 5 minutes. My friend and I ended up splitting a salad, burger and fries - it was the perfect amount and all if it was totally delicious!

Parking can be difficult, but we lucked out and found a spot right in front of the restaurant. Service was average to very good. Didn't get checked on a whole lot, but that wasn't a deal breaker for us.

I'm not sure I would go out of my way to eat here, but if you happen to be in St. Helena around lunchtime I would recommend it. Everything on the menu looked great and I can personally vouch that the burger was awesome!

Napa, CA
“Feel good environment, feel good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

French Blue is lovely. The inside of the restaurant emits serenity, it's light, airy, comfortable, with a quiet casual elegance. The food is excellent, creative, and downright yummy. There is a seating area outside in the front of the restaurant which will be great for those warm summer nights. We've gone there twice and it's definitely one our favorite spots in Napa Valley.