“Amazing breakfast”

French Blue
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Adams Street
Description: Fantastic Place. Only been open a week. great salads and wonderful patio for enjoying a glass of wine and the sites!!
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I had brunch here on a Sunday. The breakfast is amazing. I love the ambience of the place too. We really enjoyed this place and are still talking about it.

There are newer reviews for French Blue

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We went to French Blue for an early dinner on recommendation from a local (thanks Jen @ Hunnicutt) after a full day of wine tasting. It was a beautiful fall day, so we sat on the patio, which fronts the main street in St. Helena (Hwy 29). The food was really good, service was thoughtful and we had a nice time. I ordered the Meyer Lemon grilled chicken and it was cooked perfectly, along with the rancho beans, tomatoes and olive tapenade it was served over--a very tangy and flavorful complement. I finished the meal off with an excellent cappuccino, which was just what I needed for a 90 minute drive back to San Francisco.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Wow. Lovely room. Understated, but elegant and breezy. The food is fantastic. It's French-ish, i.e. fresh, aromatic, beautifully presented but without the heaviness of a lot of sauces. The brunch menu is super - we ordered just about everything on it and shared. There wasn't one dish that was "lesser." The French omelette, however, was my fave. It is soooo difficult to nail making the perfect French omelette, and they nailed it. It was a thing of beauty. Service was superior - our server was not only knowledgeable about the food, food in general, but he was sweet and funny and efficient - a perfect combination. The manager or possibly the owner visited with us to talk food, which foodies love. He was also a charmer, and he photo bombed our family picture as we were leaving. Awesome ambience, service and stellar food!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

First a comment on my rating, realize that Napa Valley is full of world class cuisine and so average in Napa is quite good compared to other places. Myself and friend stopped by without a reservation last Saturday night for some apps and drinks. They were busy but not overwhelmed and we were in casual attire. They clearly took in our appearance and then directed us to the bar. The bartender was very nice but then some VIP's showed up next to us and we were forgotten to the point of almost leaving. The flatbread was very good but the chicken was to raw to safely eat. The ambiance was elegant. I've heard the breakfasts are excellent and so I will try again but was very disappointed with the service. The point of an expensive restaurant is the service, because there really is only so much you can do with food. So when the service is clearly based on who you are and what you wear and then the chicken is raw, the price is hard to swallow. Basically this was a bad experience and I will certainly lower my expectations and recommendations for French Blue.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

have been three times now - the food and ambiance are great...good choice and nice outsoor dining. Service was great, not too loud and really nice farm to table choices