“Beautiful wine tasting venue”

Flora Springs - The Room
Ranked #19 of 118 things to do in St. Helena
More attraction details
Owner description: This is Napa Valley like you've never experienced before - a beautiful, relaxed atmosphere with fun people and top-rated wines.Located just south of downtown St. Helena and open daily 10am to 5pm.The Room's modern design evokes the natural springs and hillside caves of our Estate, located just down the road. The Vineyard Courtyard picnic area and Rooftop Lounge provide views of surrounding vineyards. The Private Cave Rooms are available for group tastings with our friendly and educational hospitality staff. No appointment necessary for groups less than six people - drop in for a wine tasting flight or food pairing with our top-rated Napa Valley wines, or even wine by the glass.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

On Highway 29 it is busy with traffic but once you walk inside Flora Springs' tasting room the atmosphere changes. It is welcoming, hip and casual. The wines are excellent across the board. The Trilogy(meritage) is exceptional. On this Sunday the wine attendant offered us a 10 year old comparison between a 2010 and 2000 Cabernet. If you buy a bottle the tasting fee seems to be waved. Of course I was with a Napa local so we may have gotten a little better treatment. Also check out the seating upstairs looking out at the vineyards- beautiful.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My friends and I were on a wine tour and one of the places we stopped was Flora Springs - The Estate. We were greeted immediately by Travis with a glass of wine and then lead through the cave for a tour. Travis was extremely knowledable and had a great personality, which fit perfectly with our already slightly tipsy selves!

If you're able, I highly recommend having lunch on the property. We setup at a picnic table, overlooking the vineyard. It was beautiful! Of course, we were also able to enjoy their delicious wine!

Because of the great experience we had, we ended up at The Room the next day. Lucky for us, Travis was working there that day! We sat outside on the balcony upstairs and enjoyed more wine, along with our treats from Dean & Deluca, which is conveniently located right next door.

The wine is amazing - I especially like Trilogy. Service is excellent. Of all the places we went during the week, it was definitely the most memorable. I signed up for the wine club and am still enjoying their wine and service three years later.

(my trip was actually Sept 2010...Tripadvisor dates don't go back that far)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Loved the tour of the wine cave. Very knowledgeable guide. It was the other guy (not Jason) with longer hair (Travis I think). Anyway, he was fabulous and knowledgeable and made it all so fun and interesting. He's a real asset to their business. Great tour for our group of spouses during a conference weekend.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our wine guide, Geno, presented us with 5 wines that totally gave us a feel of the wide range that Flora Springs presents. Surprisingly the Merlots caught our taste palates just right and we purchased a fair amount to help get us thru the year.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We visited this vineyard on Valentines Day. It was recommended by Knight Wine Tours- our private tour guide for the day. Once there, Travis was our guide of the vineyard. It was just my husband and I- we had generous wine tastings with in depth information on each as well as the history of the vineyard and an incredible tour of the wine cave with a barrel tasting of wine in the french oak and the american oak barrels. It was topped off with our private lunch overlooking the vineyard on a beautiful 75 degree day. I can't wait to get the wine I had shipped home!