St. Helena Olive Oil Company

Awesome Selection of Olive Oil, Cheese and Sausage

Reviewed October 2, 2016
TahitiZ
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

All reviews bread off the beaten path shop helena cheese barn unassuming napa
Selected filters
Reviewed November 22, 2016

I am an aficianado of this wonderful company. I regularly purchase their fabulous rosemary-infused olive oil, garlic-infused olive oil, cranberry balsamic (only available in November of each year until it is sold out), orange-infused olive oil (I use these last two together for my holiday vinaigrettes, lime olive oil and jalapeño olive oil for my Mexican cooking. I used to buy their wonderful Organic Spicy Red Heirloom Pasta Sauce and the most delicious Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce. Frankly, I love EVERYTHING that Peggy makes.

Her storefront is on the web now rather than the address shown below. The current olive oil company that rented the space St. Helena Olive Oil Co. used to have at 1351 Main Street, Napa is good but not as good as St. Helena Olive Oil. As far as I am concerned it is the very best!!!

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed October 2, 2016

This store is right across the street from one of our favorite wineries, Charter Oak Winery, so we stop in every year when we visit. They have a large selection of olive oil, cheese and sausage. They will even ship it to you if you aren't from the area and don't want to put it in your suitcase.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

We found out the St.Helena Olive Oil Company isn't here anymore, but a different oil co. opened their second location here in October. They're called Napa Valley Extra Virgin. They had a nice selection which the proprietor talked us through. They also sold salts and honey. I thought the prices were high compared to others we tried in the area, but still got some blackberry vinegarette and rosemary-infused oil. ($9 ea. for 3.38 airplane-friendly oz.) Very kind of them to let us use the restroom. The girl that checked us out spoke only in sounds like "hmmm" or afirmative vips. That turned me off a little, but wouldn't keep me from coming back.

Date of experience: July 2016
2  Thank Samantha M
Reviewed April 20, 2016

Infused oils from local olive growers! They REALLY know their oils! Taste the difference in blood orange and Meyer lemon oil! Honey from local bees! Truffle salt - a must have for every foodie! Almonds with truffle salt and olive oil! Has to be tasted to be believed! Take a moment from tasting wine to try some oils and vinegar!

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed January 7, 2016

At the end of Charter Oak St. on the East side of Hwy 29 is the best place in town to buy Cheese and Olive oil. Run by a wonderful long time Italian family out of what looks like a barn (It is a converted barn). They have fine selection of imported cheeses and all grades of olive oil....all at a great price. My wife heads there at least once a month to chat with the ladies who run it, re-stock our pantry with cheese and olive oils and sliced meats. I hate to just call it a tourist stop but its reputation has spread via tourist magazines... but for locals, it is just a great place to shop!! If the weather is good, there are some tables and chairs under some oak trees to enjoy a snack purchased here.

Date of experience: December 2015