“Marvelous” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St. Helena Olive Oil Company

St. Helena Olive Oil Company
Ranked #3 of 16 Tours in St. Helena
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the factory for an olive oil tasting.
Rochester, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Marvelous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

St. Helena Olive Oil Company is well worth the visit. They are now located in a historic former bank and their products are absolutely wonderful! The flavored olive oils are exceptional!

Visited December 2012

Dallas, Texas, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Miss the old location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We discovered that their bigger store has closed and is now two shops. One for olive oil and another for bath and body. We preferred the old store that had recipes and much more tastings and offerings.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Pamela M
Tennessee
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 442 helpful votes
“They moved to St Helena - but visit them for sure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I used to visit this location in Rutherford, but they have now moved to the main street in St Helena. I you are coming from Napa, they are on the left. Parking is best on a side street or parallel in back to the main street.

Ok, are you looking for foodie shopping? Well, you found a store I visit every time I am in Napa. I drive to St Helena for them! Their oils and vinegars are to die for. I especially love to mix the Jalapeño oil with 6 year aged balsamic vinegar in a pan and heat it. Then I mix in either pecans or sliced almonds and drizzle that over spinach a salad then top with parmesan cheese. Yowza.

My mom picked up a rosemary oil and orange oil this go around. I also love the garlic oil. They have ALL kinds and one can taste them all. They have organic pepper and salt and organic pasta sauce. I prefer more paste in my sauce but it has a great taste even though it is on the thin side. I guess you could add meat to it.

They also have an 18 year aged balsamic vinegar which is expensive but you can buy a smaller version and savor it.

I always ship back home and they do a nice job packing!
Anyway, this is a place to stop for sure. Also, check out Olivier down a couple of doors. I had so much shipped from these 2 stores; it topped the 4 wineries we bought from.

Visited August 2012
Santa Rosa, Ca
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fabulous selections”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

I love this place and i order their flavored olive oils and seasoned vinegars and flavored dipping olive oil all the time. I also give them as gifts and people rave about them. They give free shipping if you order $75 or more. You have to go visit them and taste all their samples. You won't be able to resist buying their products! Great people in the tasting room, very knowledgeable too.

Minneapolis
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Can't leave Wine Country without a Visit Here!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

What an adventure of the palate and senses! The best olive oil and balsamic vinegars to taste. Very relaxed setting, great variety, cool store. Their products have inspired me to be a better chef! I especially love the Jalapeno olive oil drizzled over hot popcorn with a fresh grated Parmesan. Add it to a salad dressing to gift it a spicy kick. The balsamic vinegar methode tradizionale is worth it's weight in gold. Thick, sweet, with a little bite. Perfect drizzled over olive oil and served with crusty bread, in dressings, over caprese!

Don't miss their line of soaps and bath products.

I have to place orders all year round - I'm hooked!

Visited March 2012