Vineyard Country Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
El Bonita Motel(St. Helena)
Harvest Inn(St. Helena)
View Hotel
Hotel St. Helena(St. Helena)
  • Bar/Lounge
Wydown Hotel(St. Helena)
View Hotel
Eagle & Rose Hotel(St. Helena)
View Hotel
Meadowood Napa Valley(St. Helena)
Auberge du Soleil(Rutherford)
View Hotel
All reviewsa separate living areawet barkitchen tablesuite stylebrick chimneysdressing areab bcontinental breakfasthard boiled eggsnapa valleypretty viewvineyard viewwine countrysmall poolthe grounds are beautifully maintainedliving room with fireplacepastries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2006

Stayed here for three nights on a vacation to California. It was very close to most of the wineries we wanted to visit and great restaurants in St. Helena, i.e. Martini House and Mustards Grill.
I thought the rooms were pretty nice, not my taste in decorating. We stayed in an upstairs room (so you do not have the noise from the people above you) and the deck or balcony looked out over a vineyard. Nice high ceilings and comfy bed and fireplace. All pluses. Also little mini fridge. Only complaint was a strange clanking or banging noise coming from roof above bathroom. Kept me awake for awhile.
I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank DLapeyre
Reviewed July 24, 2006

Read all the reviews on Tripadvisor first and was a little nervous based upon the last review. I have to say I respectly disagree with the general assessment of the property. My wife and I really like it and thought it was a strong above average stay. Not 5 star luxury but I healthy 4 star inn and very good quality for the price. Reserved a room last minute Room 114, which was fairly close to the roadside. No problem with roadside noise at all! In fact, I could barely hear a low hum and it was the best sleep I've had for a while. First impressions. Quaint in a well maintained way, seemed obviously that care has been put into gardens/grounds. My wife and I were very impressed the well manicured gardens surrounding the outsides of the rooms. All types of neat, green shrubbery, which was a nice touch. The room itself was fairly spacious. Front den with a fireplace and the back room was a single king sized bed. Inside decor was inn like, but all the fixtures seemed very clean and almost new/well maintained. Bathroom was very clean- indeed better than most Marriots I've been too with the nice soaps! The host was very polite and helpful. Also, had a free wine tasting care of V. Sattui, which is the famous winery just down the road. Pool is a small one, but perfect for relaxation (not lap swimming) surrounding by greenery. Bottom line, I would recommend without hesitation!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank badwplants
Reviewed February 20, 2006

After reading reviews, I was careful to request a room in the back so as to avoid noise. Upon checking in, we were led to a room right on the road; when I objected, I was told that nothing else was available. When I said I had requested a room at the back, the receptionist said, "This is the back, away from the office." Great. The room itself was okay, although a little the worse for wear: marks on the walls, scruffy lamp shades and such. But the road noise was incredible, all night, and the headlights came right in our french doors, one of which only had a lace curtain to cover it. I've spent better nights camping out. There was no way we were going to stay the four nights we had planned. When we spoke to the manager the next morning, he said we must be light sleepers, etc. To his credit, he did comp us the room, but I'm sure we're not the first who have complained about this. His response was that this inn is a "roadside business" and that's what comes with the territory. We went down to the Yountville Inn, which was lovely, comfortable and quiet. Besides the noise issue, which is BIG, the inn seems to have concentrated its decorating/maintenance efforts on the public areas and let the rooms go a bit. Buyer beware!

• Stayed: February 2006
8  Thank centralcoastlove
Reviewed January 11, 2006

We stayed here on a whim. We were not enjoying our stay in Tahoe so we left early and took a detour to Saint Helena on our way to San Francisco. As it was off season we took a suite/cottage for $170 or about £100. The living area and bedroom were lovely and the log fire was a welcome touch during our winter break. As it was December we did not use the pool, but it looked very inviting. It was quiet and relaxing. The breakfast was lovely and they were very helpful and pleasant poeple. We ate at Tre Vigne just a short walk away - wonderful fish. We also treated ourselves to dinner at Domaine Chandon in Yountville. I reccommend thier sampler menu and fabulous sparkling wines. Pricey but worth it. Please visit Robert Mondavi winery, the Chardonnay is superb.

• Stayed: December 2005
8  Thank LEllis
Reviewed November 6, 2005

I should have known. The website for this "inn" references other sister properties - all of which were motels. This was simply a high end motel. Overpriced at $300 a night, the complimentary bottle of wine had turned to vinegar. The bed was average, the furniture was old & well worn. Breakfast was terrible - a contintenal style with just the bare minimum to qualify as such - and a single working toaster for all guests to share. No one helped with our bags, no one asked how our stay was, no one really cared if we were enjoying ourselves or not.

I would definitely not recommend this motel.

7  Thank FalmouthTraveler