Spanish Villa Inn
$399
Hotels.com
$360
Harvest Inn(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
$319
$269
Vineyard Country Inn(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
$229
Shady Oaks Country Inn(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
$279
$271
Inn St Helena(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
$329
El Bonita Motel(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
$196
$150
Wydown Hotel(St. Helena)(Great Value!)
$270
Napa Farmhouse Inn(St. Helena)
$325
Meadowood Napa Valley(St. Helena)
$1,021
$625
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $709/night.

All reviewsgranolahard boiled eggssilverado traildowntown stoff the beaten pathwalls are very thinshort drivespent two nightsbed was comfortablea great place to staylocation was perfectmain streetgroundshelena
Reviewed July 3, 2010

The Spanish Villa Inn is owned by very kind and loving people. The hotel is one of the best deals around, and the room we stayed in is cosy, with the most enormous, delicious, incredible bed. It was such a wonderful sleep. The owners of the Inn are very special and gracious people who are helpful. We left some belongings there and they were very helpful and sweet about everything. We are sorry for them that the negative reviews are here, but everyone has different experiences in every place-in fact, some of the most expensive one-to five thousand dollar a night suites in some cities have bedbugs, so you cannot say everything is perfect for everyone. This Inn is filled with loving people, so that makes it outstanding.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2010

On the plus side, the inn is located in the country but quite near to St. Helena so the setting is very nice and it's quiet. On the other hand, the entrance to the end is a little unusual and you feel like you're going in the back door. Most of the bedrooms are right off the common area. The doors to the rooms are inexpensive and thin allowing no buffer for noise. Fortunately while we were there the guests were quiet so it didn't bother us at night but in the morning you could hear them making their way to the breakfast area. the bathrooms were very nice but the bedrooms were spartan with poor lighting -- and they could use some art on the walls.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank CMYKZena
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Our return visit to St. Helena was more joyful thanks to our stay at the Spanish Villa Inn. This is why we don't understand why some earlier comments seemed so harsh. The inn is family-run with all the energy and vitality (and, yes, maybe a few of the quirks) that that suggests. What it's not is some soulless motel along the road or a bland mega-chain hotel with its bellhops and plastic card keys.

For us, the Spanish Villa Inn was the perfect backdrop set against the Napa Valley's colorful history - its bold 19th century immigrant winemakers, its mid-20th century rise to fame among the world wine cognoscenti; not to mention its recent challenges from over-commercialism, vanity vineyard acquistions by outsiders, and increased competition.

Located close to town on a shady lane in the hills just above the Silverado Trail, Roy and Barbara Bissember's well-managed inn is a welcome respite from the valley's crowded single-lane roads. Indeed, after a day of frenzied vineyard-hopping, the Spanish Villa Inn is the ideal finish to a late dinner in St. Helena or Rutherford. As cool breezes from the surrounding woods and sloping vineyards permeate the inn's fruit trees and white-washed porticos, fragrances from the rose garden and lavender plants evoke a sense of calm and relaxation. In fact, the inn exudes a distinctly european colonial atmosphere reminiscent of an earlier time, matched only by Roy and Barbara's warm hospitality.

Roy, who began life in Venezuela and retired as a local college professor, was inspired to build the place years ago. Today, the inn remains an ever-evolving labor of love. Barbara, a charmingly hip California native, handles much of the office work, but her greater talents may lie in the kitchen if her homemade breakfast recipes are any indication. In a word Roy and Barbara are very nice people and really do try very hard to make your stay a comfortable one. It certainly was for us.

We have always loved the valley and would always return to the Spanish Villa Inn.

Dick and Marina Stinson
Bethesda, Maryland

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank randmstinson
Reviewed May 19, 2010

When I made reservations over a month ago I expressed my concern about noise to the owner of the Inn and also that I required a floor level, handicap access, room. He assured me there would be no problem with either. When I arrived on Sunday afternoon, Mother's Day, he showed me to my room on the ground level but required several deep stairs/steps to get there. He was nice enough to carry my luggage for me bit I struggled with the tile steps. At first I thought the room would be quiet, with with a nice view of the trees and backyard. However, after an hour other guests arrived and I soon realized that the tile floors and thin doors did not absorb any sound and a "wedding party" came to stay there. They were noisy, children yelling back and forth, slamming of doors and you could even hear them blowing their nose in the room next door. Not quiet at all. I informed the owner that I required rest and quiet and came here specifically because her had promised me that. He stated that these were old friends of his and was doing them a favor by letting them stay there for the wedding. Favor? On my dime? Excuse me!!!! I asked to leave and he said he would not refund my money and asked that I pay for 2 nights even though I could not stay. He offered to move me to a suite that had carpeting and was at the other end of the Inn upstairs!!! I took it as I was desparate for sleep. I managed to navigate my way up and down the steep staircase for that night but the next day I had to leave. He told me again he would not refund my money and charged me for the price of the suite. $300!!!!! Originally my price was to have been $175 per night if I paid with cash. I paid him the money and left, vowing never to return. It is unfortunate that he could not just charge me for one night at the price he had promised and let it go, considering he had invited his loud friends to stay there. Very bad business sense if you ask me and I will not be recommending this place to anyone. The location is beautifu. the Inn and staff not so much.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank sing4fun
Reviewed October 14, 2009

My wife and I stayed there 10/9-10/11 and loved it. The location is in the heart of wine country yet felt secluded on it's amazing property. The room was very nice and it was hard to get up in the morning from the most coMfortable bed I have ever slept in. However, it was worth getting up once I had the most delicious breakfast each morning. The owner made various egg casseroles each day and they were awesome!
Between location, comfort, price and food...I'll not only stay here again, but recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple