“Great wine and beautiful venue” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 113 things to do in St. Helena
Brentwood, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great wine and beautiful venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We negotiated Sage Canyon Rd and then the twisting, tight road up to the top of the mountain to the beautiful Kuleto property. Steve, our property tour guide, was awesome. You could tell that he enjoyed what he was doing. We walked the gorgeous grounds and took in the amazing view across to Pritchard Hill and over Lake Hennessey. We tasted their awesome wines including a 2004 Estate Cabernet. What a great start to our Napa trip!

Visited April 2013

Chicago, Illinois
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Impressive grounds, great wine!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

As I'm sure you've read in other reviews, this place is like a wonderland. The wines were great, and they came paired with wonderful cheeses as well. My only regret is that I didn't get to hang out with old man Kuleto himself, because he seems like a lot of fun! But, can't describe how nice it was there - see my pictures!

Visited April 2013
Houston, TX
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Phenominal Property Terrible Tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was my 2nd trip to Kuleto and my 5th trip to Napa. It is without a doubt the most spectacular piece of property in all of Napa. The first time I visited I had just returned from Italy and it was more beautiful than any place I saw in Italy...it was THAT AMAZING. The first time we had a great tour with a long-haired guy who was very knowledge able and enthusiastic. This time we got a new young girl who knew absolutely NOTHING. I literally had to tell her what the wines she was serving was rated. Their 2008 cab is rated a 92 by WS and she had no idea. The tour of the property was pitiful too. Pat Kuleto had just won the James Beard Life Time Achievement Award too and she didn't even mention it. The winery is now owned by Bill Foley instead of Pat but they had better wines than the last time we visited which was surprising. I don't recommend driving your own vehicle to this property because it is straight up the mountain. Hire a limo company. The first time we visited the limo was smoking by the time we got to the top. The second time I could smell the motor too. There are literally places on the road that are only big enough for 1 car but you meet up with others. It is a scary climb no matter the vehicle but definitely worth it. Just ask for a "seasoned tour guide".

Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 180 helpful votes
“Wine with a View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This was one of the most unusual tastings and tours we had while in Napa, but also was one of the most fun! Trek up the mountain and you will find a small sampling of many wonderful environments and wines, and a view that is hands-down the best in the Valley. First you are met with a Rosato wine which was better than what we expected, and then we had a tour of the place Kuleto built. He no longer owns the winery, but still grows the grapes and has his house on the property. It was a very laid back tour, and then we sat down to sample several of their wines paired with lovely cheeses...all while viewing the beautiful countryside. You felt like a guest in someone's home instead of at a winery where they wanted to sell you their product. Quite enjoyable, and well worth the drive up to the top!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank csharp59
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“BEST SECRET IN ST HELENA !!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

This winery is the most " unique" place you can ever visit !!!!
what a wordeful surprise to be able to admire this place in person.....not only the wines are really,really superb ,but the location of this estate is something you will never forget !!!
Thanks David Lattin you were the best host ever ,your knowledge on wine making made us see and ....drink the wine in a different way !!!!
Grazie