“Food great; service poor”

Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in St. Helena
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Charter Oak
Description: Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch's restaurant showcases the seasonal, ingredient-driven American farmhouse cooking of executive chef Stephen Barber. LMR Grass-fed Beef CheeseburgerHoused in a former nursery barn, our 110-seat restaurant revolves around a central open kitchen with booth and central seating, community dining, and a full bar. We feature an authentic farm-to-table menu. The ingredients are foraged from local sources and feature Long Meadow Ranch's all natural grass-fed beef and lamb, organic and sustainably produced eggs, fruits, vegetables, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, and honey. Possessing a substantial background in Southern cooking styles, Stephen emphasizes a wood-burning element for select dishes. Stephen's kitchen is also outfitted with a plancha, a cast-iron grill ideal for searing Long Meadow Ranch's healthy, tender, and flavorful grass-fed beef and lamb. Community tables at Farmstead restaurantFarmstead at Long Meadow Ranch's restaurant wine program features Long Meadow Ranch Winery's elegant and balanced wines, as well as other domestic and international wines selected by Chris Hall to complement the restaurant's American farmhouse cooking. LMR and Farmstead wines are also available to purchase to-go at the Logan-Ives House cellar door. There is no corkage fee at Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch. Instead, a $5-per-bottle fee is collected as a donation to a featured local community-building not-for-profit organization each month. We call this program Corkage for Community. Outdoor bar at Farmstead restaurantOutdoors in season, guests can enjoy a meal among the espalier apple trees, drinks at the bar, or relax with friends and family by the cozy wood-fired authentic forge. Monday through Friday from 4 PM to 6 PM we offer a Growers' Happy Hour with specially-priced cocktails, beer, and wine and a special bar menu. We also offer Weekly Traditions featuring special friendly, casual menus on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nghts and on Sunday for brunch. Live entertainment on Fridays. The regular menu is available everyday. Indoor and outdoor seating available. Walk-ins are welcome
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I booked Farmstead before our trip to Napa, and based off the recommendations from the sommeliers we came in contact with, my wife and I were very excited to try Farmstead. We arrive and were promptly seated. Then we waited and waited for our server. When he came over he took our drink order and he was gone again. When he finally returned, he took our dinner order, but did not go over any specials that night. I thought maybe they were out, but the waitress offered specials to the table next to us. It appeared that our server wanted to get out of there.

The food was great. The arugula salad and roasted artichoke appetizer were fantastic. My wife brick style chicken was one of the best things we had in Napa.

We would return to give Farmstead another chance, but this time we will book an earlier reservation.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is the cutest little place. Most of the food (I am assuming) is grown on site as they have a very lovely vegetable garden on site. Additionally, it is a very charming place with outdoor seating!

1  Thank Happel
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Outstanding. 5-star food, location, service, prices and drinks. My wife and I went there not knowing if it would live up to the hype, but it exceeded our expectations. We sat outside and enjoyed every minute of it. Reservations are recommended and they allow you to bring your own wine with a minimal corkage fee.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Went here yesterday with my husband and one of my brothers after another brother confirmed for me it was a great place and that I "had to try the meatballs". It was a very hot day, so we opted to sit inside but either in or out are beautiful. We had an awesome server who understood exactly what we wanted to do when we explained we 'just want to order some food to share' and he timed perfectly how the items came to our table. So here is the menu we created for ourselves: Carpaccio: unlike any I've ever had, it was made with their own LMR beef, and then had thinly sliced radishes, bits of orange, toasted almonds, and arugula - beautiful and extremely tasty! Wedge of baby gem lettuce with blue cheese and bacon- amazing, and the lettuce was so much more interesting than the standard iceberg wedge. With these salads we enjoyed their fresh cheddar biscuits. Main course consisted of the meatballs that I "had to try", 1/2 rack of ribs with blue cheese coleslaw, roasted asparagus and fried potatoes. To accompany this deliciousness, I had a glass of their own sauvignon blanc which was perfect with the food, and my brother had their homemade lemonade which was the perfect blend of tart and sweet. With all the food we ordered we thought we'd be way over the top price-wise but I felt it was a very good deal for the quality, taste, and presentation. We will definitely be back and vowed next time we'll try the burger and dessert. Hopefully, the weather will be cooler so we can enjoy the beautiful patio!

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Full stop have the burger. Nonono dont keep reading the menu. Had them at Taylors, Gotts, French Blue, and Cindys BK. Farmstead wins by a mile.