“Pickled cauliflower=incredible burger?!? YES!”

Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in St. Helena
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Charter Oak
Description: Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch's restaurant showcases the seasonal, ingredient-driven American farmhouse cooking of executive chef Stephen Barber. LMR Grass-fed Beef CheeseburgerHoused in a former nursery barn, our 110-seat restaurant revolves around a central open kitchen with booth and central seating, community dining, and a full bar. We feature an authentic farm-to-table menu. The ingredients are foraged from local sources and feature Long Meadow Ranch's all natural grass-fed beef and lamb, organic and sustainably produced eggs, fruits, vegetables, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, and honey. Possessing a substantial background in Southern cooking styles, Stephen emphasizes a wood-burning element for select dishes. Stephen's kitchen is also outfitted with a plancha, a cast-iron grill ideal for searing Long Meadow Ranch's healthy, tender, and flavorful grass-fed beef and lamb. Community tables at Farmstead restaurantFarmstead at Long Meadow Ranch's restaurant wine program features Long Meadow Ranch Winery's elegant and balanced wines, as well as other domestic and international wines selected by Chris Hall to complement the restaurant's American farmhouse cooking. LMR and Farmstead wines are also available to purchase to-go at the Logan-Ives House cellar door. There is no corkage fee at Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch. Instead, a $5-per-bottle fee is collected as a donation to a featured local community-building not-for-profit organization each month. We call this program Corkage for Community. Outdoor bar at Farmstead restaurantOutdoors in season, guests can enjoy a meal among the espalier apple trees, drinks at the bar, or relax with friends and family by the cozy wood-fired authentic forge. Monday through Friday from 4 PM to 6 PM we offer a Growers' Happy Hour with specially-priced cocktails, beer, and wine and a special bar menu. We also offer Weekly Traditions featuring special friendly, casual menus on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nghts and on Sunday for brunch. Live entertainment on Fridays. The regular menu is available everyday. Indoor and outdoor seating available. Walk-ins are welcome
Reviewed April 8, 2013

First visit was to try the burger, touted by other TA Reviewers. It was VERY delish. Went back the very next night...for ANOTHER BURGER! Yes, it was just that good. We asked our server during our second visit, "What makes the burger so delicious?" To our astonishment, we were told that the "pickled cauliflower on the underside of the beef patty adds a nice crunch." And here we didn't know that we even liked cauliflower, let alone PICKLED cauliflower, let alone sharing a bun with our burger... But YUMMERS was it delicious! Also enjoyed the cubed fried potatoes served with the burger. Cute restaurant, nice vegetable garden right outside. Really enjoyed this place!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I stopped at Farmstead for appetizers before going wine tasting. A little over an hour later, we left stuffed after ordering lunch too.
The food was absolutely amazing! For appetizers, we ordered the Caramelized beets with sky hill goat cheese crema, greens and chimichurri and the LMR meatballs with caramelized root vegetables and tomato marmalade. Hands down the best beet dish I've ever eaten. The beets were nicely caramelized without being super sweet, the goat cheese wasn't too pungent (as some can be). The meatballs were also delicious. Tender, not chewy, and seasoned just right.
We liked those so much and the lunch menu looked so good, we decided to stay. I ordered the Potato gnocchi with LMR beef ragu, herbs and parmesan and my husband ordered the 12hr pulled pork sandwich with barbecue sauce and potato salad. The gnocchi is hand made and was cooked perfectly. The beef ragu...well, I could have eaten that on it's own. It had great flavor and huge chunks of beef. You can get a vegetarian sauce for the gnocchi, but why would you want to do that? My husbands pulled pork sandwich was equally tasty. The meat was really tender and had a nice light smoky/sweet flavor. The sandwich wasn't smothered in BBQ sauce either; just the right amount. The potato salad was really good but not the best I've ever had.
Our server was great. She was very friendly and helpful, letting us try samples of different wines until we found what we liked.
This is a MUST TRY restaurant!! We will definitely return next time we are in St. Helena.

1  Thank 73Lulu79
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I'm fortunate to travel between Napa and Sonoma often for Cellar Angels business and am always on the lookout for quick, easy dining locations. Yes, Napa, specifically Yountville are gaining many new options, but for me I like more "up valley" locations, especially those in and around St. Helena. Farmstead has incredible food, numerous seating options (indoors, outdoors, lounge, grass) and the food is amazing. The menu changes with seasons and ingredient availability and the service my last two times was exceptional. Yes, I routinely squeeze a visit at Gott's into my trip, but if I'm between shoots and have about 40 minutes, this is the place for me.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had a really nice meal at Farmstead. The restaurant is in a large room with very high celings to mimic a very large barn. There is an open kitchen which is to the left of as you walk in. There is a bar which was filled with people eating as you enter further into trhe restaurant. It was crowded when we were there but the service staff did a good job seating and serving us. The food was fresh and was good. There are some things on the menu which are a little overly creative that I would avoid . If you stick to the pork chop or fresh fish option you cant go wrong. A really nice touch is a 2 dollar corking fee ( which is donated to charity) so if you are finishing a day of wine tasting you can endulge in some of the vino purchases, I will return :)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great fresh food but if I can do it over again I suggest sitting outside it's a bit close to the road