“Wonderful Brunch”

Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in St. Helena
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Charter Oak
Description: Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch's restaurant showcases the seasonal, ingredient-driven American farmhouse cooking of executive chef Stephen Barber. LMR Grass-fed Beef CheeseburgerHoused in a former nursery barn, our 110-seat restaurant revolves around a central open kitchen with booth and central seating, community dining, and a full bar. We feature an authentic farm-to-table menu. The ingredients are foraged from local sources and feature Long Meadow Ranch's all natural grass-fed beef and lamb, organic and sustainably produced eggs, fruits, vegetables, extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, and honey. Possessing a substantial background in Southern cooking styles, Stephen emphasizes a wood-burning element for select dishes. Stephen's kitchen is also outfitted with a plancha, a cast-iron grill ideal for searing Long Meadow Ranch's healthy, tender, and flavorful grass-fed beef and lamb. Community tables at Farmstead restaurantFarmstead at Long Meadow Ranch's restaurant wine program features Long Meadow Ranch Winery's elegant and balanced wines, as well as other domestic and international wines selected by Chris Hall to complement the restaurant's American farmhouse cooking. LMR and Farmstead wines are also available to purchase to-go at the Logan-Ives House cellar door. There is no corkage fee at Farmstead at Long Meadow Ranch. Instead, a $5-per-bottle fee is collected as a donation to a featured local community-building not-for-profit organization each month. We call this program Corkage for Community. Outdoor bar at Farmstead restaurantOutdoors in season, guests can enjoy a meal among the espalier apple trees, drinks at the bar, or relax with friends and family by the cozy wood-fired authentic forge. Monday through Friday from 4 PM to 6 PM we offer a Growers' Happy Hour with specially-priced cocktails, beer, and wine and a special bar menu. We also offer Weekly Traditions featuring special friendly, casual menus on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nghts and on Sunday for brunch. Live entertainment on Fridays. The regular menu is available everyday. Indoor and outdoor seating available. Walk-ins are welcome
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I loved everything about my experience at Farmstead. We sat outside on a perfect fall afternoon and enjoyed a Bacon Bloody Mary (excellent!) and a great glass of wine. My husband had the Eggs Benedict and I had the burger, both fantastic. The homemade ketchup was so good I had to ask for more! You could not find a more beautiful spot to have a meal in St. Helena!

1  Thank livestrong64
Write a ReviewReviews (1,943)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Came here with my husband and another couple as part of our 50th birthday celebration trip. This restaurant is one of the BEST places I have ever eaten. The ham, pepper jelly and biscuit appetizer had me drooling. Every one of our entrees including the pork chop, salmon, steak and fish were so good that we finished every bite! We loved this restaurant so much that we were tempted to just eat here again our other two nights in town....unfortunately, we didn't do that.

1  Thank 764clairek
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Got a recommendation to stop in this Restaurant and was very glad we did. My wife ordered a pork chop and I chose the brick roasted chicken. My chicken dish was very good and I was pleased with my choice.....until I tasted the pork chop. It was absolutely delicious. The meat portions were large and the sides were more than we could finish. It was a bit pricey, $65+ for. Lunch for two, but the food was great. BTW, the restaurant looked like a huge barn, inside and out, thankfully it did not smell like one.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Good menu, great staff, laid back feeling to room. Our meal was outstanding. Waiter was very attentive and helpful.

1  Thank Evan R
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Dinner was very good. The restaurant is well located and the outdoor patio is more inviting than the indoors. We sat inside and both dined on the pork, which was excellent. A very large cut yet cooked to perfection and bursting with flavor. No dryness at all. Husband started with the oysters, which are always tasty in this region. For dessert we had the apple sorbet and it was amazing. It tasted like apple pie, so delicious. It was really noisy in the restaurant but I guess that is also indicative of how much enjoyment people were getting out of the place. The decor is lovely and it was busy with people having a great time. Would recommend is place as the food was great.