See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was probably the place to stay at one time. But it has lost its appeal over the years. It is overpriced, not very clean and needs. Major refresh. The only positive is it’s convenient location . The reception staff are very pleasant. But the owners should either sell or invest but not continue to rip if customers

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pete J
Reviewed May 16, 2018

I have never written a review on a hotel, but I feel like it’s my duty to inform people of this place.
I will say that the location is amazing, super centralized, surrounded by amazing restaurants! That’s why we chose this hotel to begin with. We aren’t normally picky at all where we stay as long as it’s close to all the happenings.
But never again here.
First of all, they charged us twice for our stay, and it took us weeks to get it back.
Also, we ended up paying $200 more to upgrade our room, as we realized that our initial room had a communal bathroom, as in you had to share it with other rooms. We didn’t know that existed so never really looked into it. Be aware of that in case you do decide to go with this hotel.
There was never any staff to help us with things. We ran out of toilet paper and we had other questions – AND NOT A SOUL ON SITE. We didn’t even know where to leave the keys once we had to check out. We called their answering service and a guy advised to just leave the keys on the mat outside of the hotel. That just doesn’t seem safe.
Lastly, and most importantly, the place was sooo dirty. We were so grossed out and honestly we just tried to not think about it the whole entire time we were there. There was someone else’s old contact in the sink and some other particles, hair in the shower and on the tissue box, carpet was not vacuumed, and we are not quite sure if the sheets were clean, but can’t confirm for sure. One time, by some miracle, our bed ended up being made, which we were both very surprised about. Towels weren’t changed. It just felt very dirty and gross.
For the price this hotel costs, we definitely expected at least a clean place.
Once we got home I wanted to throw away everything that stayed in the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mildarazumaite
Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

My adult daughter and I decided to plan a couple of nights in wine country during our San Francisco vacation. We rented a room at the st Helena based on a good recommendation we read in a lonely planet book. After reading some negative ratings by people on trip advisor I was scared! But this place turned out to be cleaned, well furnished, nice hot showers, friendly staff. I didn’t see any of he problems others mentioned in their trip advisor reviews. It almost makes you wonder if they were setting this place up for some reason. Anyway, I would definitely stay here again. It’s literally right in the middle of everything. Would recommend this hotel in spite of some other bad recommendations.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Jackie S
Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel for two night? On the day of our flight we we in an auto accident and had to cancel our reservations. This is the only hotel of the five we booked that charged us for cancellation. Not only do I have a totaled car, and my wife in hospital, I am being billed more that $700.00 for the two nights. So much for empathy. May the bad karma come back ten fold.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Yexplain
Reviewed June 19, 2017

This was not a good hotel experience! It was terrible! They have absolutely nothing to offer. I would never go back. They did not give what they offered! All bad news!
Unbelievably over priced for absolutely nothing!

5  Thank rebeccapiziali