“Always a pleasure”

Louis M. Martini Winery
Ranked #39 of 118 things to do in St. Helena
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Don't miss this place on your trip to Napa! My husband and I have gone twice in four years, and we will always go back if we are in the area. If you are familiar with Louis M. Martini wine or port, you know it tastes great and the price is hard to beat. The experience at the visitor center is great--just like the wine. You can enjoy the patio most of the year, or if the weather isn't good there are many intimate settings for tastings inside the building. Wine Club members get special access to the wine cellar. I highly recommend you taste the "winery exclusive" menu for $18 because you can only get those wines at the visitor center/winery in Napa. All the other wines you can buy at most wine shops/groceries.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Worth the visit. Look for the 2 for 1 tasting coupon on their website. They also encourage picnicking on their property.

Reviewed October 7, 2011

This winery was amazing. We had a great guide that catered to our every desire. It was a private tour for me and three friends. Our guide was one of the marketing and advertising execs. that worked for the Gallo wine group, so perhaps that would have attributed to the success of our visit. The tour was so informative and exciting most of us were in shock. The wines were delightful and refreshing. The Martini family actually goes to a Prosciutto convention every year in Italy and brings back some of the best types of meat to be paired with some of the heavy reds. The dark, cool, antique feeling of being in the Basement of their old original winery from the 1920's. The experience was very fun and relaxing. We had the pleasure of meeting the owner and enjoying an amazing lunch on the terrace. The Salmon and duck was to die for. The wine shop was giving us some great prices on a case and shipping. I recommend the Moscato Amabile for a superb white and they have some fabulous olive oil, their blush was fantastic, we picked some of that up as well. All in all, I would go back and enjoy the experience all over again and we look forward to purchasing more wine with this group in the future! Be sure to go and get a private tour it is well worth it!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Before visiting California wine country, Louis Martini's Cab Sauvignon was my house wine. However, after visiting, tastes have changed (I know that sounds snobby, and it is, but it's also a matter of a more educated palate). We went in expecting to really like their higher end, limited release reds but I wasn't wowed by anything.

Our server was lovely and polite, the patio is nice but overall just not a memorable experience. There are other really great gems in Dry Creek (if that's your style) or grand maisons in Napa (if that's your style).

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Had a nice time here at the Louis Martini winery. Staff was very friendly and knowledgeable, and of all the wineries we went to, this one had the best rose wine. We will definitely be coming back here next time we're in Napa.