“Great Company”

Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Company”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The first time we were in Napa, I had our hotel book a town car for us. They used Magnum. We didn't know what we wanted to see, but the driver took us to some great places. He talked with us about what we liked, then made some great choices. When we went back for our next visit, I pulled out my old credit card statements becuase I wanted to be sure we used the same company. I worked with Jim via email and he set up some tastings at smaller wineries we would never had otherwise seen. On the second visit we booked the Bentley -- Totally worth it.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Matthew206

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent day!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Our friends had used Magnum on two prior visits so we all decided to book a day with their previous driver, Scott. He chose 4 excellent properties we had not visited previously, all of which we highly enjoyed. He also arranged a picnic lunch for us on the grounds of one of the wineries. Scott is quietly efficient, widely knowledgable, and allowed us a leisurely pace while still keeping us on schedule for our visits. We highly recommend this tour and Scott in particular. You won't regret it!

Visited November 2012
Minnesota
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Always an excellent experience”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I've used Magnum twice now for wine tours and have been very happy with the experience they provided us both times. Bill has been our driver and guide both times as well, and I appreciate his knowledge and assistance in planning our itinerary. I enjoy the approach taken in visiting mostly smaller wineries, maybe with one or two larger ones thrown in later in the day. I think if I requested to visit larger, commercial wineries, they would oblige, but I love the introductions to smaller gems. Magnum’s tours are most definitely worth the money when visiting wine country.

Visited July 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Magnum Tours was nothing but first class. Jim put together a wonderful day in and around Napa and our driver Ricky was fantastic. Ricky picked up a wonderful lunch for us while we were visiting Gamble Ranch as well. We had wonderful times at Adastra and Gamble. Steer clear of Shifflet winery. Our trip there was 100% at our request, not any fault of Magnum - the wine was excellent, but the owner was a bit off putting and a few minutes was all we needed with him. We had a great time on our "first class" trip of Napa. I highly recommend booking Magnum for a day in Napa.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Dax G
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I began emailing with Jim, owner of Magnum about 8 weeks prior to our arrival. He asked questions to find out what we were interested in as far as wine/vineyards were concerned. He set the entire day up for us, including all appointments at vineyards.
Our driver MIke was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. He had the car stocked with water as well as plastic utensils/wine opener/cooler. All of our tours were expecting us and we were the only ones there since we opted for smaller, more boutique wineries where appts were necessary. We had a great day and Jim is very accommodating to your needs in order to make sure that you have the experience you are looking for

Visited October 2011