“Farm Visit with Food/Wine Pairing”

Long Meadow Ranch Winery
Ranked #21 of 113 things to do in St. Helena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At Long Meadow Ranch Winery we produce and purvey our wines from two locations in the Napa Valley: our 650-acre home ranch, which we call the Mayacamas Estate, and our 90-acre Rutherford Estate in the heart of the Rutherford AVA, which includes vineyards and production vegetable gardens. Our 650-acre historic Mayacamas Estate is nestled high atop the Mayacamas Mountains above the Napa Valley. Here we produce award-winning red wines and handcrafted extra virgin olive oils - as well as grass-fed beef, eggs, and heirloom fruits and vegetables. Our family - Ted, Laddie, and Christopher Hall - has re-established 16 acres of vineyards first planted on the Mayacamas Estate in the 1870s and we have resumed producing estate-bottled red wine from this distinctive mountain "terroir." In plain sight from the Mayacamas Estate high above, the 90-acre Rutherford Estate is located on the floor of the Napa Valley in the heart of the world famous Rutherford AVA. It is situated among some of Rutherford's most celebrated historic vineyards. We grow extraordinary Sauvingon Blanc, Merlot, and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes in 74 acres of vineyard.
Springfield MO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Farm Visit with Food/Wine Pairing”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We did the 3 hour farm visit with food and wine pairing. The farm is up on a mountain and was beautiful. After touring the farm, we came back to the winery for lunch with wine tasting. The menu was delicious and as was the wine. We are no longer interested in seeing how many wineries we can get to in a day so this was a very enjoyable, relaxing experience.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank jlo75

Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Petite Sirah Heaven”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Found Long Meadow Ranch winery on the recommendation of the Innkeeper at the Ink House Inn where we were staying - they've just opened a new tasting room and restaurant in St. Helena called Farmstead. After tasting the petite sirah grapes in the Ink House vineyard we were told that Long Meadow Ranch winery buys the grapes and makes them into a great wine. We had to try it, being big Pet fans, and it's fantastic. Bought a case, but only 8 bottles made it back to Sacramento with us two days later! However, we found it again at the San Francisco Vintner's market a few weeks later and now have 2 cases in the cellar. Plan to go up the hill to visit their winery on our next visit to restock.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Clari B
Cambridgeshire, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious lunch stop”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My husband, 11 month old and I just had a great meal at Farmstead on our way down through the Napa Valley. The sun was blazing so we choose to sit outside under a canopy surrounded by herbs. The service was attentive - particularly to our boy - and food delicious. We loved the mini pork sandwiches with chilli jam and the pork chop. My son loved the chicken from the children's menu although I would have preferred it to have a touch less salt. We also gladly received a coupon for the tasting room next door. Our only complaint was that we couldn't stick around for "rib night" as the hot smoker smelt incredible! We'd love to return.

1 Thank Lucy L
california
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“We actually never got there but are giving five stars for customer service!”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

This is an unusual review as we never got to the winery to use a coupon purchased. However I feel it is important to commend a business that has done a good job. I had purchased a coupon to use on my 60 th birthday. I became ill that day and had to cancel at the last minute. When I explained the situation to the proprietor,I received a kind and thoughtful response offering me a return visit. I actually never got to go back as I am now in Europe but wish them well and will always recommend a business that works to respond to the customer.

NYC
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Farmstead Restaurant: Cozy, candlelit, fab!”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Really great restaurant just outside of downtown St. Helena. The atmosphere is cozy and relaxed, the service was perfect, the food was excellent and wine was fairly priced. We tried a few dishes and they were very creative, with fresh veggies and herbs. Highly recommend a dinner inside the candlelit restaurant, or outside in the garden!

Visited September 2011