“Pretentious”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Alpha Omega Winery

Alpha Omega Winery
Ranked #22 of 113 things to do in St. Helena
More attraction details
Owner description: Alpha Omega, located on the legendary Rutherford Bench in the heart of Napa Valley, is one of Napa's premiere, boutique wineries. Surrounded by vineyards and mountains, this rustic farm style winery's beauty is as captivating as the wine. Alpha Omega's winemakers are creating wines that reflect their passion and express the unique terroir that is Napa Valley by sourcing prized grapes from the various terroirs of Napa Valley - the valley floor, hillside, mountain and coast. The winemakers believe that by blending the essence of these select terroirs, they can handcraft finesse-driven, complex and balanced wines that express the aromatic profile of the best Napa Valley has to offer.
Irvine, California, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Pretentious”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stopped here because of a recommendation and because it looked like it would have a nice view from the tasting area. We waited about 15 minutes and were told that they were not doing tastings on the patio and so we would be inside. Our wait was nice, the receptionist was chatty and informative, the view from the reception area was pretty. Inside, it was very noisy and modern.

My friends and I got the impression our server was afraid of us, but it resulted in him seeming quite rude. He poured the wine and read the description straight off the menu card (which we also had) and then he stood and stared at us without saying anything. He never offered us crackers or water (which other groups had). He didn't seem interested in being informative or even interested in selling us wine.

I've heard from other people who loved the wine, but no one in my group thought it was very good or bought any. Of the wines I tasted that day, these were some of the ones I liked the least. In addition, the experience was somewhat unpleasant. With so many great places in the area, I would skip this one.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank EBWard

• Polish first
Land O Lakes, FL
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Very good wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in quickly to Alpha Omega. The wine was very good and the property is beautiful.
They are open until 6 which is really nice and they don't require an appointment. The tasting fees are very reasonable.

Rochester, MN
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“So so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Not the best place I visited and wine was mediocre and overpriced. Our driver must have got some kick back from them as he said " it blew everyone out of the park". I disagree. Was a nice property though.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
“A lovely place to stop with delicious wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

This winery was our last stop on a 2-day "girls trip" to Napa that I took with one of my coworkers/friends, and I'm so glad we stopped here! After a mix-up at another winery down the road where we were accidentally overlooked on the waiting list for a special tasting, we were a bit disappointed and only had a short time to do one more tasting before heading back to get ready for dinner. I recalled that a previous coworker had visited Alpha Omega a few years back, so we stopped there on our way north, and the visit cheered us right up. We were there fairly late in the afternoon on a hot Tuesday in October, and they weren't very busy. We were greeted right away on entering and asked if we wanted to taste inside or outside, and after seeing the lovely fountains and shady patio, we decided on outside, where there are a number of comfortable seating arrangements. A very nice and knowledgeable young woman brought each tasting out to us (the tasting included 4 wines) and answered any questions we had, without rushing us in any way. We each bought a bottle of Sauvignon blanc, so our tasting fee was waived. The experience was a very nice and relaxing way to end our tastings in Napa. Bottom line - great wines (a bit more expensive with fewer options, as you'll find with higher quality limited-production wineries), nice environment for tasting, and helpful staff.

Visited October 2013
Somerset, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Execellent wine - worth the short wait and price!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

My brother had given me a bottle and after tasting the Chardonnay (and I am not even a fan of whites!), I could not wait to go here.
Since they are open late (6 pm), this was our last stop. Even around 4 PM had lots of people! They valet parked the car and gave us some water bottles while we waited abt 10 minutes. I did not understand the wait time until we went inside for our tasting - They did not over pack the tasting area like other places and there was no rushing the tasting. I also noticed that big groups/imos were coming in and they had made reservations.

The tasting room is modern looking and the staff extremely helpful & knowledgeable. Joe B. was generous with his pour and gave us the tasting of Era Napa Valley 2011. We were all very surprised with how much we liked the whites (Sauvignon Blanc 2012) and reds (Proprietary Red 2010 & Cab 2010)!! The tasting fee of $25/$45 (based on which one you do), is waived upon purchase. The wines are just amazing and worth the extra money. I was able to ship a case and got 20% discount. Joe was very accommodating to my shipping requirements and made the purchase process very easy.
80% of the production goes to wine club members and they have limited distribution on east coast :( So if you like it, buy it or become a wine club member and get surprised with every selection that gets to you.

The patio/fountains outdoors area is beautiful, clean and great location to sip some awesome wine! You can see the fountains from the main road.

I would definitely recommend visiting Alpha Omega - For the next time, I think I will make reservations and see if we can do some barrel tasting!

Visited February 2014