“Great porch and open late”
Review of Alpha Omega Winery

Alpha Omega Winery
Ranked #18 of 118 things to do in St. Helena
More attraction details
Owner description: Alpha Omega, located on the legendary Rutherford Bench in the heart of Napa Valley, is one of Napa's premiere, boutique wineries. Surrounded by vineyards and mountains, this rustic farm style winery's beauty is as captivating as the wine. Alpha Omega's winemakers are creating wines that reflect their passion and express the unique terroir that is Napa Valley by sourcing prized grapes from the various terroirs of Napa Valley - the valley floor, hillside, mountain and coast. The winemakers believe that by blending the essence of these select terroirs, they can handcraft finesse-driven, complex and balanced wines that express the aromatic profile of the best Napa Valley has to offer.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I love to stop by Alpha Omega and sit on the porch and drink wine. It helps that they are open later than most of the other wineries (open til 6:00). They have some very nice patio furniture, umbrella shades, a very nice fountain/gazing pond, and a beautiful view of Mount Veeder. I think it is the fountain/pond that sets this place apart. The wine is very good. I personally feel it is a little over priced, but to be fair I am starting to feel that way about a lot of these $90 to $125 bottles in Napa. One winery owner told me that there is a feeling in Napa that you don't get any respect unless you have a $125 wine. Alpha and Omega's reds come in at $90, but they don't have any less expensive offerings. The tasting fee is $25 a person and that is in line with most of the other wineries reserve fees. I think it is a great place to sit in drink wine. It really has a great atmosphere and I think you would miss out if you never gave this place a chance. For me personally though I stop at paying the tasting fee because I think you can find wines of equal quality at some of the other wineries for less money.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our driver recommended this winery as an extra stop off our itinerary. We went towards the end of the day so it was a little crowded but well worth it. You can only get their wines there. All I can say is the wines were wonderful and the Chardonnay was like creme brulee in my mouth. Of course I had to purchase one to take home which automatically drops the tasting fee. We were glad we stopped here.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had a great time at Alpha Omega. We stopped by in the late afternoon. It was a bit busy because they are one of the few wineries open late – 6 pm. The gentleman helping us was extremely knowledgeable and personable. He was generous with his pour, and we were very surprised with how much we liked the wine. We went here directly after Opus One and I actually favored Alpha Omega over the $40 tasting of one glass you receive from Opus One.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

After going to SEVERAL vineyards around Sonoma and Napa, we found Alpha Omega Winery to be like a breath of fresh air! The grounds were just gorgeous..with fountains, reflecting pool, superb outdoor seating/environment. Quiet, natural setting. Our sommelier was very knowledgable about the wines were were tasting, and let me tell you...they were SPECTACULAR. Pretty high in price, but worth it to buy. I am not even a Chardonnay fan, but theirs was delicious! Wines are only available for purchase at the vineyard. They do not sell to local liquor stores, but do ship out.The tasting was just $20..same as for any tasting in Napa. But the wines were above average. No picnics allowed, but the wine was enough! Our sommelier, also had great suggestions on area restaurants to visit. We quite enjoyed ourselves!

1  Thank Erinrsanta
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Normally I prefer red wines, but Alpha Omega's entire selection was so good I joined the wine club and didn't limit it to reds only. The grounds are beautiful, we sat outside and were treated well by our host Tom. He also gave an excellent recommendation for a restaurant.
I would try to go here early before they get busy for the best experience.

1  Thank Gail K