“Wonderful winery and luncheon area”
Review of V. Sattui Winery

Napa Wine Tour From San Francisco with Castello Di Amorosa Including Lunch
Ranked #4 of 118 things to do in St. Helena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: V. Sattui Winery is a family-owned property located in the heart of Napa Valley, which was founded in 1885 and makes more than 60 different wines with dozens of 90+ point rated wines among its current vintages. It is a stunning, must-see Napa Valley destination for picnics, weddings and events, offering an impressively robust Cheese Shop with more than 200 selections, an excellent Deli directed by Chef Gerardo Sainato, and a Salumeria directed by Stefano Masanti. The sprawling estate includes two-dozen picnic tables nestled beneath ancient Valley Oak trees and tri-level terraces that overlook beautifully manicured gardens and vineyards.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

V. Sattui has some great wines and the deli cafe served some very interesting foods as well as great cheeses. A lovely place to eat a picnic lunch.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

V. Sattui ranks high on our list of favorite wineries, and it is definitely I place that I return to on my annual Napa/Sonoma trip. After paying $20-25 to try 4 wines at other Napa places, getting 6 wines for $15 is a screaming deal. The first time we went, there were 3 of us in our party so we got to sample their entire list.

The wines (other than the port) are all reasonably priced. I'm embarrassed about how much I loved the sweet wines. I guess I needed a break from all the zinfandels and pinot noirs. Our pourer was super friendly, and she was more than happy to let me re-try a couple wines that I was considering taking home. I purchased the off-dry riesling and gamay rouge which I will be enjoying out by the pool very soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

V. Sattui is a must stop for the deli alone and the wine is spectacular. When ever we come to the area we always stop for lunch under the trees. Go in to the deli get some of the wonderful food and/or dessert and don't forget a bottle of the famous wine. With that done go forth and enjoy yourself in the park like setting in front of the winery. Everybody is in such a good mood. If you are lucky the wine train will make a pass in front of you. The food is unbelievable as well as the desserts. We always buy some to take with us for later in the day.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Go for the food, picnic area, and casual wine tasting. It wasn't originally as we expected, but we made this a stop because there is no appointment needed. The deli was packed, so we went for the tasting while we waited for our order, which worked out well. You stand at a large bar and you can split a tasting with those you are with (I think it was about $15). We ended up ordering some wine to be shipped back and ate a really nice lunch outside in the picnic area. This is probably not the place for the know-it-all wino, but really nice, relaxed experience in between wineries.

1  Thank Michelle F
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We loved visiting this winery. The picnic area is really nice, especially since they have an amazing deli. I loved the delicious cheeses and antipasti. The real stand out was the wine tasting. I believe Brian was our expert and he was FANTASTIC! He was snooty about my love of sweet wines and had plenty of choices for me - which was a plus since I didn't want to pay $15 for a tasting of wines I didn't like. He tailored my husband's tasting to his liking and also helped us both branch out a little from our normal "go to" wine varieties. We found several wines we really enjoyed and bought to take home. If we weren't flying, we would have bought more, for sure! This was one of our best winery visits while in the valley and we can't wait to come back on an anniversary.