“Simply awesome!,”

Napa Wine Tour From San Francisco with Castello Di Amorosa Including Lunch
Ranked #3 of 116 things to do in St. Helena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: V. Sattui Winery is a family-owned property located in the heart of Napa Valley, which was founded in 1885 and makes more than 60 different wines with dozens of 90+ point rated wines among its current vintages. It is a stunning, must-see Napa Valley destination for picnics, weddings and events, offering an impressively robust Cheese Shop with more than 200 selections, an excellent Deli directed by Chef Gerardo Sainato, and a Salumeria directed by Stefano Masanti. The sprawling estate includes two-dozen picnic tables nestled beneath ancient Valley Oak trees and tri-level terraces that overlook beautifully manicured gardens and vineyards.
Honolulu, Hawaii
94 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 568 helpful votes
“Simply awesome!,”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is my 4th visit back to this wonderful winery. What brings me back
to V. Sattui each time is the way this winery treats it's guest. Yes, the wine is outstanding, but the people are so warm and friendly , makes you feel like home. Not long ago It was featured on the Food Network channel on the show "Rachel Ray's $40 a Day". I thought myself " it's time to visit that place again!" We went to the private tasting room because we have a club membership at V. Sattui. Just splendid! I recommend that you join!, Right when we entered the tasting room, an employee approached us immediately and let us taste all the different wines that we want. The staff are very friendly and knowledgable about wine. Not snobs at all. My wife was more into the red wines while I was more into the sweeter wines.

I highly recomment trying their Gamay Rouge...I couldn't get over how good it was. They said that they are the only winery that makes this kind of wine. Ok, so what I don't like is the the cases of wine I end up buying! Lol!

V. Sattui is a must visit when visiting Napa. At least schedule it in for lunch...have a picnic there after tasting their wine. They have a huge deli with tons of cheeses to choose from. I guarantee you that V. Sattui Winery will the winery that you will remember the most and have the most fond memories.

1 Thank F5993GMericd

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Bread, cheese, wine and a delightful setting.”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Food is great, service is extremely helpful. Only complaint is the wine is overpriced but it is after all Napa. Wonderfully peaceful setting to enjoy some bread, cheese and wine.

Singapore, Singapore
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A must visit in Napa Valley.”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We have been to Bordeaux, France for wine tasting and decided to include Napa Valley wine tasting to our trip in the area. We drove from Downtown Napa to Calistoga and stopped by recommended wineries along the way. We felt that warmth was lacking at all wineries we visited except for V. Sattui Winery. V. Sattui Winery is warm, staff was friendly, variety of food is good (Cheese and Food) and the atmosphere was vibrant. The is a nice garden area where people could have a picnic.

One important observation was that people were buying wine by the dozen at V. Sattui Winery which is not the case in other winery. We bought 2 bottles of wine and did not buy any at other wineries. What made us purchase wine from V. Sattui Winery was that the guys selling the wine at the wine tasting area were more welcoming and more interested in describing and pointing out the uniqueness of the wine instead of asking us to pay for wine tasting or pay for a wine tour around the estate. This formula worked in France and in V. Sattui Winery. In fact, when we left V. Sattui Winery, we felt that we should have bought more.

To us, winery visits should be a friendly and welcoming experience, then we will feel compelled to purchase more. We believe that work much bettter than charging a small fee to irrirate interested buyers. We recommend anyone that is planning to have a wine tasting trip in Napa Valley to include V.Sattui Winery.

Atlanta
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Most Excellent!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The best winery experience in all the land. The staff at the tasting tables and gourment eatery are just AMAZING! My wife and I always hit this spot twice on our visits to Napa, when we first arrive and then just before we leave. Did you know that they build an authentic medieval castle up the road? I can't say enough about the staff well trained to accomodate your every need.

Beverly Hills, California
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Perfect place to lunch with a group: winery, deli, outdoor dining”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We met up with some old friends in the Napa and they suggested we visit V Sattui. It was perfect! We got a table outside and all went inside to purchase food & wine from the deli to enjoy picnic-style outside. What could be more perfect than good company, great food (fabulous selection) and good wine? Perhaps the perfect weather with the sun shining down on us in early January.