“Convenient gourmet deli and picnic grounds!”
Review of V. Sattui Winery

Napa Wine Tour From San Francisco with Castello Di Amorosa Including Lunch
Ranked #3 of 116 things to do in St. Helena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: V. Sattui Winery is a family-owned property located in the heart of Napa Valley, which was founded in 1885 and makes more than 60 different wines with dozens of 90+ point rated wines among its current vintages. It is a stunning, must-see Napa Valley destination for picnics, weddings and events, offering an impressively robust Cheese Shop with more than 200 selections, an excellent Deli directed by Chef Gerardo Sainato, and a Salumeria directed by Stefano Masanti. The sprawling estate includes two-dozen picnic tables nestled beneath ancient Valley Oak trees and tri-level terraces that overlook beautifully manicured gardens and vineyards.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Convenient gourmet deli and picnic grounds!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Good wines, nice shop, excellent gourmet deli w/ every cheese you could ever want or think of and all the accommodations too. They have an extensive menu of hot/cold food items, deli or otherwise. Worth checking out! We enjoyed a couple of sandwiches, cheese spreads, crackers and a bottle of their Chardonnay outside at their picnic area! Wonderful experience!

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
SanFrancisco
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“A bit too crazy , but stop by”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Good to stop for great deli! Pack your picnic basket here and grab a tasting.
This winery only sells their wines at the winery, so if you like them you better buy them here.
We really liked the Carsi vineyard Chardonnay.
But this isn't a winery I would stop at if you want to get away from crowds. Busy place.

Phoenix, Arizona
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Loved this place!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The wine tasting was a bit hurried. I think we were to tasted like 6 wines and they probably poured 12 for us. They were pouring our group of 8 so fast though that we were just confused. Most of the wines were wonderful but our favorite part was the cafe for lunch. It was packed and a bit pricey, but everything we tried was delicious. I wanted to go back a second day just to eat.

Hyattsville, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Food, WIne, & Tasting”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

SO I went to this winery as a request from my mother. We ordered food from the ready made items they had. I had a turkey sandwich and chips, my mother had the shrimp and my fiance had a sandwich as well. We were all satisfied. My suggestions here will be don't get anything fried because it was already cooked and only would be warmed up at the time of order. The other thing is there are so many options and samples of products sold here that it can be overwhelming and costly. We did do a tasting which was not pricey at all. The wines sold here are....I think the most inexpensive bottle of wine was $24.00. Really and truly I do like wines that are crisp and I didn't fall in love with any of them. I had no complaints about service because I received the type of help I wanted. Other then that I would say to enjoy time sitting outside and eating lunch.

Visited August 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“The Deli”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Holy Cow! We went to taste the wines, which by the way are fantastic. Then we hit their deli. My mouth just started watering thinking about it. They have a huge selection of cheeses that you cannot find in most places. Their salami selection rivaled the selection I can only find in Chicago! Buy a bottle of wine, get a sammy and sit out on the lawn and have a picnic. It was a highlight of our trip!

Visited August 2012