V. Sattui Winery
Napa Wine Tour From San Francisco with Castello Di Amorosa Including Lunch
Ranked #4 of 118 things to do in St. Helena
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: V. Sattui Winery is a family-owned property located in the heart of Napa Valley, which was founded in 1885 and makes more than 60 different wines with dozens of 90+ point rated wines among its current vintages. It is a stunning, must-see Napa Valley destination for picnics, weddings and events, offering an impressively robust Cheese Shop with more than 200 selections, an excellent Deli directed by Chef Gerardo Sainato, and a Salumeria directed by Stefano Masanti. The sprawling estate includes two-dozen picnic tables nestled beneath ancient Valley Oak trees and tri-level terraces that overlook beautifully manicured gardens and vineyards.
Reviewed August 13, 2011

This was absolutely the highlight of my Napa experience. It was just absolutely lovely outside. We used a buy one get one free tasting coupon, and spent a couple of hours there. We went on a weekend, and so they were having a bbq. The food was fine for the price. Would absolutely recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,646)

Reviewed August 11, 2011

We love V. Sattui Winery. We have gon there several times. It has great food and great wine. You are able to get a bottle of wine and some real Italian food and sit out on the gardens and enjoy yourself. The cellars are great and we love the people helping taste. Thanks V. Sattui for always making our visit great.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

I went here with my bf and this is the only place where you can picnic in the vineyards!!! The only other place that offers food at a winery is a restaurant at Chandon winery. THis place was soooo amazing!!! Ivy growing everythere and picnic tables to eat lunch on and drink a bottle of wine. Very relaxing and beautiful scenery!! I didn't do the tour but I'm sure that it's great too :)

Reviewed August 9, 2011

By no means am I a wine snob, as I laugh everytime someone next to me says they "what a nice finish" but this place is not the place to go for people looking for a relaxing trip. This place was packed from wall to wall with people. I wanted to look at the cheeses they had for sale, but couldn't make my way through the crowd. The tasting itself was fine, as the server was very nice and was very attentive, so by no means was this a knock on her, but rather I rated this low because I came to napa to have a relaxing experience and the zoo I went to here was about as relaxing as having your head repeatedly run over by a herd of stampeding cattle. After we left we happened to catch a magazine ad with the property inside, and the picture included a guy wearing an inner tube. I hope that last bit summed it up.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

V.Sattui tasting was fun and the wines were better than average. We bought a bottle of House Red and a Port, so the tasting was complimentary for us. They had plenty of fresh food for sale and their grounds made a great picnic spot. I could imagine that locals may find this venue "touristy" but we were very glad we stopped in.