We loved every second of the 3 days we spent at the Wine Country Inn!! We were with another couple and we had a suite with a patio as well as a traditional room.
The rooms are nicely decorated (recently updated & not as "country" as some of the pics on their site). They were very clean and spacious and the beds were extremely comfortable. When you arrive you are greeted by very polite staff and a speedy check-in. Each room has a Welcome gift bag on the bed filled with 2 Wine Country Inn wine glasses, a very nice wine bottle opener, & some other snacks & nicknacks including a map of the area, and an envelope full of free &/or Reserve tastings at approx. 15 different wineries.
The Inn is located just about 1.5 miles from Rt. 29, but it is far enough away to be secluded and quiet. Everyday between 4:30 & 6:30 they have a different winery come in to do tastings and they serve both hot & cold hors duorves including crudite, cheese & crackers, bread & dipping oil, chips & dip, apple smoked sausage, etc, followed up with homemade chocolate chip cookies. It's a nice way to mingle with the other guests after visiting all of the wineries and before deciding where to eat dinner. There is also a large basket full of the various menus for restaurants throughout Napa Valley & the staff is always available for recommendations & to help make reservations.
Breakfast at the Inn is homemade & very refreshing. As previous reviews have mentioned there is usually an omelette or egg dish, various cereals, bagels & english muffins, fresh baked breads, fresh fruit, juices, coffee, ice water, etc. You can enjoy your food inside or on the patio. There is also a large fridge full of water, juice, and soda available throughout the day and night.
The pool is one of the best features of this Inn. It is set apart from the main house and has beautiful landscaping on 1 side and a vineyard on the other. Each day we bought a bottle (or 2) of wine to enjoy by the pool in the late afternoon. The water is the perfect temperature and it never gets too crowded.
We will never stay anywhere else in Napa!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in romance at the Wine Country Inn, an exquisite wine country retreat. Enjoy country estate-style accommodations tucked into five acres of gorgeously landscaped tranquil gardens, within minutes of Napa Valley's best Wineries. 29 warm, spacious guest rooms, most with terraces. Luxurious king and queen sized beds with finely woven linens, plush duvets and comfy pillows. A delicious, bountiful wine country breakfast served in the cozy charm of our Winery House dining room or al fresco overlooking the vineyards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Wine Country Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wine Country Hotel St. Helena
- Country Inn St. Helena
- St. Helena Country Inn
- Wine Country Inn & Cottages St. Helena, CA - Napa Valley