“Did not want to leave”

Wine Country Inn & Cottages
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in St. Helena
Reviewed April 19, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary and what a gem! We immediatey fell in love with this hotel. It is simply beautiful.... from the rooms to the inn to the amazing grounds. We cannot wait to go back!

The staff is wonderful and is the gourmet breakfast and evenin reception featuring local wineries. They also have a shuttle that takes you to the local area restuarants which we took advantage of so we could enjoy ourselves.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo

Reviewed April 2, 2009

From the tasty afternoon reception to the gourmet morning breakfast, everything here was wonderful. The staff pays attention to every detail - especially in the room, where there were a lot of magazines/information about the area and a fireplace ready to be lit. As a business traveler, I appreciated the free high speed wireless connection. The grounds are beautiful - I wish I would have had time to sit at the pool.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2009

My husband & I just got back from staying at Wine Country Inn. We could not have been more pleased with our accomodations or the friendliness of the staff. We arrived and were given a wonderful upgraded room that had a private hot tub on the patio. The bed was comfortable and the decorating scheme was quaint. There, too, was a superb wine tasting paired w/ appetizers each evening. Local wineries were represented in a fine way. The best part, though, was Carole. She was like having your own personal gramma to make you feel special and welcome. We enjoyed our time immensely and are already planning on taking my sister & brother in-law back for thier 25th anniversary. Can't go wrong staying at this B&B.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2009

My husband & I spent our 13th anniversary at the inn. I can't begin to explain the sense of peace & tranquility felt there. The room was perfectly to my liking. The grounds are lovely. The staff is top notch. The evening reception is great with great wine. & food We did the wine incursion & found a wonderful winery that is now our favorite gem. They shutted us to 5 star restaurants. All the staff is A+. They made us feel at home. We would never stay any where else in Napa. It was the most relaxed I have EVER felt & I am not kidding. I would recommend to anyone that wants a romantic inn. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2009

I do have to say that Wine Country Inn really knows how to interact and communicate with their guests. My wife and I just visited California for the first time and We are still visiting. I am writing from Monterey Bay Ca right now. I really enjoyed the Wine Country part of our tirp. This is because of the service we recieved and the inovative systems that are in place at the Wine Country Inn. Room was clean and by the way we recieved an upgrade upon arrival from a suite to a cottage. The location could not have been better and the service was 5 star. I only rated the rooms 4 out of 5 stars because I feel that they are getting close to needing to be renovated. Not that they are not clean. They are certainly clean, they can just use some updating on the decor and fixtures, etc. The bathroom was the best design I had seen. Dont let the comment about renovation detour you. I am definately going to stay here again. My wife and I have already talked about it.

Chef Guy is wonderful. Easy to speak with and seems to be real down to earth. I can not say enough great things about his sister Tracy. She did a great job on our wine incursion. I am going to request her next time we come for the incursion. Janealle is also a wonderful person, very personable and knows her food and surrounding eateries. I enjoyed speaking with her. I met Jim Smith the inn keeper on the last day and I have to say that he views customer service as numer one priority. He knows how to treat his guests and make them feel welcome. I have looked at many other places in the area and felt that this was the only place for us. After staying there and seeing other hotels and inns in passing I definately know that I made the right decision. You cant go wrong with Wine Country Inn. Thanks for Reading.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SteveandMissy
Reviewed February 11, 2009

Stayed here to expereince the Napa valley and it was a good choice. Staff are helpful, rooms are large and airy, although the colours would not suit every-one and the location is great.

They have their own taxi, to take you to a restaraunt and collect you later plus they will make dinner suggestions and make reservations for you, after disussing the type of meal you would like.

Overall a good place to stay and next to a decent brewery too!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed December 9, 2008

I cannot say enough about the Wine Country Inn and it's staff.

We came here at the recommendation of a friend of our family's and it was the best advice we took! Our honeymoon was amazing!

We stayed in Room 26 which overlooked the vineyards and the mountains. We had a fireplace and a jacuzzi on the balcony. It was so unbelievably romantic! We lit the fireplace every morning while we planned our day and sat in the jacuzzi every evening usually while enjoying a glass of wine.

If you do go, Do Not Miss Breakfast! I am still dreaming about the wonderful creations that Chef Guy prepared for us daily. And he himself was so great to get to know! Very friendly and always had something to talk about. You also shouldn't miss the afternoon wine tasting. The food is so good that you don't even need to go to dinner! And it is a great way to discover new wines that you might not have tasted otherwise.

The grounds are beautiful and well kept, your every need is catered to and the staff is delightful!!! We used the shuttle several times and Janelle was a hoot! She also had lots of good dinner recommendations. Carole was also wonderful and made our entire stay very enjoyable.

While you are in Napa Valley do not miss Tra Vigne, Go Fish, Martini House, Hurley's and V Sattui Winery.

WCI provided us with a very memorable honeymoon and we will definitely be back! I don't know why anyone would stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank soontobemrsf
#4 of 30 in Napa
SENZA Hotel
SENZA Hotel
#3 of 30 in Napa

Been to Wine Country Inn & Cottages? Share your experiences!