“WOW!! Wonderful Stay, with each detail taken care of!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wine Country Inn

The Wine Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in St. Helena
Livermore, California
“WOW!! Wonderful Stay, with each detail taken care of!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I purchased a group on for my husband and I to get away. What a pleasant surprise! Large well maintained rooms rooms. Loved the private hot tub that our room had. This place feels like a very large bed and breakfast with each detail taken care of. Rooms vary in size and offerings and they even have cabins. Staff, all of them extra friendly and eager to help. I have been places in Napa and felt rushed, but we stayed longer at breakfast (which was great) and were asked if we needed anything else. Perfect location just outside downtown Saint Helena and only 7 miles to Calistoga. We extended our stay as we did not want to leave! You can really tell that this family run business is the heart and soul of the owners and employees We will be back, and THANK YOU FOR JUST WHAT WE NEEDED!

Room Tip: Each room is described in detail on the website or the staff is happy to help depending on your want...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Francee C
LoveToTravelFar, Owner at The Wine Country Inn, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Now, these folks are what make this business so much fun. I don't think I had the opportunity to meet you, but your enthusiasm for what we offer and how we offer it is what makes it so easy to get out of bed every morning. If we really gave you "just what you needed", that is our goal. Casual comfort is our mantra ... and treating people the way I like to be treated when I am on vacation. That means let me chill if I want to chill, but if there is something wrong, well then that is the time I want to see some action. I am hoping we do both of those things exceptionally well. Please come back and stay with us, but don't wait for another Groupon, it is not likely to happen.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Korean first
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Writing from our balcony overlooking gorgeous acres of vineyards, rolling hills, and pastoral scenery and Keeping warm on a chilly morning with the "pot belly stove" in the sitting area of our spacious King room with a view. This is our second visit and we look forward to returning at any time of the year. Now over the holiday season nearby St. Helena is decorated for the season and our meal at Bouchon down the road in Yountville was especially festive with the town decked out as well. Summer and fall are glorious, but you can count on a lovely and peaceful stay year 'round at The Wine Country Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony view; room 24 looks out over the vineyard from on high.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Maureen G
Thank you for coming to stay with us again. I hate to admit my favorites, but Room #24 is certainly one of my favorites also. Most of the view from that room is of my mother's vineyard that my brother makes a rather famous wine from. It is called the hourglass vineyard because, if you look of a map of Napa Valley it looks like an hourglass, with Lodi Lane (the street our inn is on) is the choke point of the hourglass. We feel this is important because our view is not only of the vineyards, but also of the nearby hills that are so green year around. Anyway, thanks for your return visit and I hope we can have you back soon.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Room was wonderful, the view of the vineyard was beautiful. Breakfast was absolutely delicious every morning! The staff was extremely helpful. The wine tour was one of the highlights. We went to several off the beaten path vineyards that were wonderful. Cannot wait to return!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

With a group of friends, I spent a week at the Wine Country Inn in November attending the Napa Valley Film festival. It's location, surrounded by vineyards is lovely ....and it is only a 5 minute drive to the charming village of St Helena. The rooms are comfortable, the breakfast is excellent and the staff are helpful and hospitable. We also loved the free shuttle (and the charming lady who drove and gave us great restaurant reviews enroute!) which took us to restaurants for dinner and then brought us back so that we could enjoy the Napa wines!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for staying with us for the Napa Valley Film Festival, wasn't that a great event! My wife and I went to a number of the films and events and we had a blast also. I'm so glad you were able to take advantage of our evening restaurant shuttle. Janelle, our primary driver is so passionate about her job we think she really adds an element of unexpected pleasure. I'm glad you appreciated it. Now remember, we're not just open for the Film Festival, you can come back any time!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

The Wine Country Inn tops our list of great vacation places, we have been there twice and are looking forward to another visit. The staff is wonderful, very friendly and accommodating. Our room had the most amazing view of the vineyards and our bed could not have been more comfortable. The breakfasts are excellent, both hot and cold dishes, fresh fruit and great coffee, and the afternoon wine tasting is also a great perk! St. Helena is a beautiful little town with great restaurants and the overall experience was one we hope to repeat again and again.

Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

We have stayed at The Wine Country Inn numerous times--and, will be going back again, soon. The rooms, the staff, the grounds, the service, and the food is spectacular. There is a very special, comforting, and top notch ambience about the place that we love.

The last time that we were there (November) we were upgraded (no charge) to a most spectacular room with an amazing view of the vineyards....total decompression!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are simply divine. However, this last upgrade that was given to us, was Room 21--to...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Siouxzunn
Thanks so much for your incredible loyalty and your kind words about ... well ... what is my life. I'm happy you enjoyed the upgrade! You know, it surprises me things like that don't happen more often to all of us. I was checking into a hotel in SF a couple weekends ago. My wife and I showed up at this no so inexpensive hotel at around 2:00 because we wanted to drop our car off and check in before going off Christmas shopping. The very nice woman at the counter informed us very nicely that check wasn't until 4:00. I very nicely asked her if I could check in early if any of the rooms were clean. The long and short was that she probably had fifty rooms in the category I booked that were sitting there, clean and ready. But no, check in wasn't until 4:00. Why? At our place if you show up at 11:00 in the morning and your rooms is ready for you, you're in. Why not?

And why not, if we have a room open that is a little nicer than the one you booked, why not give you the nicer room just to be nice? Looks like it pays off for both of us. You keep coming back!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is our favorite place to stay in the valley! We have been coming for years and have enountered most of the staff changes. We love the breakfasts and especially the car service! But most of all, we love the staff and have enjoyed every single recommendation for wineries and restaurants! This year, we discovered the swing in the garden facing the vineyards, so we now end our moring stroll with a cup of java on the bench! Gotta love it!

Room Tip: King beds are a premium and sell out quickly (only reason I did not give 5 stars for rooms). Upper...

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Helena
#1 of 6 in Yountville
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,273 reviews
Napa River Inn at the Historic Napa Mill
The Westin Verasa Napa

Been to The Wine Country Inn? Share your experiences!