“Quaint and charming”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in St. Helena
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Quaint and charming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Wonderful place to stay with a very good breakfast included. Our room was spacious with a fireplace and large bathroom. There was also a nice happy hour with wine and apps provided. The fitness room was small but worked for us. I would definitely come back here again.

2 Thank boltie2014
Harvest_Inn_StHelena, General Manager at Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear boltie2014,

Thank you for your 5 star review and your honest feedback.

We are happy you enjoyed yourself. On your next visit look for our expanded Charlie Palmer Restaurant and expanded Spa and fitness services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Danville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We wanted my sister and her husband's first trip to the wine country to be memorable, and it was. Found a special offer online for the Harvest Inn and were pleasantly surprised at how charming it was. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with a gas fireplace for a romantic touch. The staff were all warm and gracious. We strolled through flowering gardens to an English cottage where we had a full, yummy breakfast. The Inn is conveniently located to the prime wineries from Rutherford to Calistoga. It was a welcome experience from check in to check out. We will be returning.

Room Tip: Gas fireplace rooms tend to be warmer a night with the pilot light. Fountain room was very quiet...
2 Thank Ann D
Dear Ann,

I am so pleased we were able to provide you and your guests with such a memorable "Experience"

We look forward to your return experience as well.

Kevin Dimond
Chico, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I looked very diligently for lodging before settling on the Harvest Inn. My family of 4 was quite pleased with the choice. We were in St. Helena to vacation and visit the Castle and the Culinary Institute as well as to wine taste, relax, and eat well! The Inn provided such a charming, private experience. Our cottage was perfectly suited to our family (my husband, myself, and 12 and 11 year olds). We loved the comfy bedding, coffee, and paper; and kids loved the breakfast and the pool! The grounds were beautiful and we called it the Hobbit village (we like Lord of the Rings). It was said to be a "slow" time - and that worked for us just fine. Friendly service. Wonderful housekeeping. Close to everything in St. Helena. Recommended & would stay again.

Room Tip: We were given a room with a sofa bed (for kids) and a room with a king for us. Perfect!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank mmdrak
Dear mmdrak,

It was wonderful to read your kind comments, and we are happy we could provide your entire family with such a complete stay and experience.

Kings Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I loved the Harvest Inn! We thought it was perfectly located. The entire staff were super friendly and helpful. Our concierge Lisa put together a wonderful itinerary for us. She also made us a map for our last day in California traveling back to the airport. We wanted to see the coastline and San Francisco. It was perfect! The grounds were very well maintained with beautiful flowers. We went in March, so things were already in bloom. There were beautiful flowers and plantings. We were in room 409. Maybe next time I would ask for a room a bit further from the road. It wasn't loud by any means but if I woke in the night I could hear cars going by occasionally. Wouldn't stay any place else, if we go back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room set off the highway a bit. Though it wasn't terrible noise, you could occasional...
1 Thank JOdi562014
Dear Jodi,

Thank you! for your very candid and honest comments it was great to read we provided you with a "Wonderful Napa Experience" accentuated by Lisa personalized service.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We have stayed at the Harvest Inn several times and it is always a good choice. They serve a really lovely breakfast each morning as well as a nice wine tasting at 5pm. Service is great and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I really like the location. Perfect situated in the valley. The rooms are large and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank rvisceglia
Dear Rvisceglia,

Thank you for being so loyal and such a consistent guest. We are proud to deliver high levels of personalized service. Please let my office know when you make a return visit I would love to meet you personally.

General Manager.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

For people who may have misunderstanding on this property:
This property has great rooms which are equivalent or better than 5 star grade hotels. So please don't think this is just a "Inn".

The staff is friendly but rooms are all scattered around the yards, so It's little bit hard to find a palace I would like to go.
The breakfast is good for light eaters but if you'd like to find a great meal with hot soup or rice and some meats, you need to drive out to downtown of St. Helena to find suitable place.

My wife also stayed here with me, but there's only a long road and farms around this property and even it's winter season, she couldn't go out to feel the greens across the farms by walk.

I also proper to recommend here for:
A honeymoon or with family tour to feel the nature and who's familiar with wine & want to tour the Napa Valley, it would be a good choice.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Raccoooon,

Thank you for your gracious comments, you are right the Harvest Inn is much more than a simple "inn" The entire staff is working on making the Harvest Inn a complete resort. Look for our new Charlie Palmer signature restaurant in late 2014.
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed one night at the Harvest Inn and I loved my experience. The hotel was tucked away from the main road and the grounds were impeccable. I felt like I was in a different country with the tudor style cottages. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. I loved sitting outside on the verandah while sipping tea. The complimentary wine was an added bonus.

I slept very well. I was in room 114 and I didn't hear cars from the main road as other reviewers have said. I can't wait to come back and stay at this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank danigal525
Dear Danigal525,

Thank you sincerely for your kind and honest comments.
It is always great to know we have created a tranquil retreat in the heart of the napa valley, I sincerely invite you to contact my office once you make your next reservation so I can meet you personally.

Kevin Dimond
Napa Valley Lodge
Napa Valley Lodge
#3 of 6 in Yountville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,230 reviews

Been to Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer? Share your experiences!