I recently stayed at the Harvest Inn for a weekend away with girlfriends. We stayed for three nights and I will never stay there again. It was a huge disappointment and way too expensive for what it was. The rooms and facilities were very dated and not well maintained. There were disgusting stains on the floor in the bathroom. The closest was so small and had some odd hump- that I could not hang my dresses (which were all knee length.) The staff was incredibly rude and unaccommodating. Here are a few examples of our interactions with the staff:
(1) Prior to our arrival, I noticed that the confirmation that the hotel had sent had the wrong rate for one of the two rooms that we booked. The difference per room was only $15 per night, but I wanted to correct the error. I proceeded to have a series of phone and email conversations with hotel staff to correct the error during which they treated me with incredible rudeness. At first, staff told me that the lower rate was an error and that the higher rate would apply to both rooms. Then, after I balked, she insisted that I provide documentation of the lower rate. Finally, after multiple exchanges and after I forwarded back to them the emails that they had sent to me with the lower rate, they honored the agreed upon rate. I was so shocked that a hotel would harass a guest so much for a $15 rate difference when we were paying over $400 per night for the rooms.
(2) There were no parking spots one afternoon when we arrived at the hotel to change quickly before our dinner reservation. The front desk staff at first told us that we could leave the keys and they would valet the car for us. Then, as we were doing this, the front desk manager yelled at us and told us that we could not park there and they could not accept our keys. He insisted that we would have to find an available spot. We were paying for two rooms and had one car. There should have been a spot for us. In any event, after much circling and waiting, we finally found a spot and then were screamed at by a valet because parking was for hotel guests only. We had to show him our keys to get him to relent.
(3) One night when we returned to the hotel from dinner, the driveway to the hotel was blocked by a giant bus. We had to back up and wait half an hour until they managed to maneuver the bus out of the hotel. The valet brought us a bottle of wine and snacks to apologize, but it was clear that it came from his pocket.
(4) On one of the nights there was supposed to be a complementary wine and cheese tasting. We arrive 5 minutes after the event was supposed to begin and were yelled at by the server that they no longer had any glasses. We suggested that he get more glasses and he grumbled and finally did. He then poured us the last of the bottle of wine for the evening, only enough for two glasses which we shared between the three of us. After this debacle, we wandered over to the cheese area to discover that there was no cheese remaining. We inquired whether they would be replenishing the supply and were told no.
(5) During breakfast, the weight staff was incredibly rude. Every interaction that I had with them was unpleasant. For example, I asked where the bathroom was and was yelled at. For example, I told them that the coffee thermos was empty and got yelled at. It was incredibly unpleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted the #3 hotel in Northern California by Condé Nast Traveler's Readers Choice Awards 2016, Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer is an idyllic resort designed to celebrate the vineyard way of life, with 78 luxurious accommodations nestled into five uniquely crafted neighborhoods, two secluded swimming pools, and a plush spa with indoor and outdoor facilities. Surrounded by the lush landscaping of expansive clipped lawns and serene shaded groves, partially forested by towering redwoods, Harvest Inn also is home to gardens of agricultural botanicals. Although well situated in proximity to the hub of activity in historic St Helena, Harvest Inn offers picturesque privacy and a "let's get lost" feeling of total relaxation. In classic California fashion, the architecture and land are in harmony, making Harvest Inn an integral part of the terrain. The distinctive mixing of heritage and modern style seen in the richly stained wood, leaded glass panels, and exterior stone as well as Tudor stucco with timber framing adds up to a storybook setting that is both rustic and elegant. As comfortable as it is beautiful, Harvest Inn welcomes both families and friends with its charming warmth and friendly ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvest Hotel St. Helena
- Harvest Inn Napa
- Harvest St Helena
- Harvest Inn By Charlie Palmer St. Helena, CA - Napa Valley