“Great value, Great location, a real "find".”
Review of El Bonita Motel

El Bonita Motel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in St. Helena
seattle, washington
“Great value, Great location, a real "find".”
Reviewed December 22, 2009

The modest appearance from the street hides a real "gem". Room was clean & very nice. We had our small dog, and generally a "dog room" is the worst, but not here! I couldn't beleive they still had the pool heated in November and it was great. The location being so close to town was fantastic, not to mention having several wineries within walking distance. We will definitely make it ourplace to stay in St Helena.
C&C - Seattle

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank c_hendryx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Miami
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Having been born and raised in Napa Valley I find it difficult to pay the $$$ asked of tourists for lodging when I return home. It is comforting to know that the El Bonita still offers dependable lodging at an affordable price. We stay in the back rooms to avoid the early morning commercial traffic. The rooms are clean and offer basic amenities. One must hope for quiet and respectful neighbors as the doors between rooms are paper thin. Obviously I am sensitive to lots of noise, but other than that - good place to stay. The staff accommodated our requests quickly and in a pleasant manner.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed November 30, 2009

the room was small, but exactly what we wanted for a one night stay in napa valley. It's right off the main road, but very little noise. There is free breakfast which had a sampling of donuts, pastries, cerals, yogurt, fruit, and oatmeal with juices and coffee. There is a computer in the lobby for the internet and a hot tub/pool just outside.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We spent one night in St. Helena and stayed at the El Bonita "The Beauty" . The grounds were beautiful, the rooms were comfortable, and the staff was very pleasant. We stayed in the back of the motel, away from the street, so we didn't hear any traffic at all.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I decided to book a room here because it was very close to the V. Sattui Winery where I would be attending a wedding. Accommodations in this town are pretty $$$ so I tried this motel even though I read mixed reviews.

We stayed in a roadside room. The room itself was pretty small and had minimal to no amenties. The biggest complaint I have is the ants in the room. Since I have kids they left something out for an hour or so and when we came back there were ants all over the place. After that I was pretty much disgusted with room.

I figured maybe it was my fault for having food that was not contained, but when I mentioned it to the clerk when I was checking out she did not seem to make a big deal out it. It seemed like ants were common there.

I don't know if I would go back. Maybe for just one night if I wanted something simple and cheap. But if I wanted to go relax then I would be better off paying more.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed October 6, 2009

The King George Suite with two bedrooms, 1 bath and family room area was nice for travelling with friends and very economical ($260 inc. tax). It had a small kitchen area and table for meals. The sauna and heated pool were also very nice after a long day of tasting wines at all of the nearby wineries. Go to the the Wine Garage in Calistoga for great wine under $25 and helpful recommendations regarding wineries to visit. The road noise is noticable during the day but didn't bother us at night.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
New York
Reviewed September 30, 2009

This place had everything. It was a great Location; within walking distance to numerous vineyards to get lashed and Ana's Cantina to get more lashed.

It had an amazing view.

Great rooms and decor. Very comfortable and accomadating.

The staff were fantastic. They let us stay at the pool and jacuzzi until 3am crushing wine and screaming nonsensically. No complaints or police. If you are lucky, you may find my freinds shoes in the bushes out front. It was great.

I would recommend it to both, groups of freinds and families. What a great place.

Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
Southbridge Napa Valley
Southbridge Napa Valley
#7 of 9 in St. Helena

Been to El Bonita Motel? Share your experiences!