“Perfect place to rest our heads”
Review of El Bonita Motel

El Bonita Motel
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in St. Helena
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We spent one night in St. Helena and stayed at the El Bonita "The Beauty" . The grounds were beautiful, the rooms were comfortable, and the staff was very pleasant. We stayed in the back of the motel, away from the street, so we didn't hear any traffic at all.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 8, 2009

I decided to book a room here because it was very close to the V. Sattui Winery where I would be attending a wedding. Accommodations in this town are pretty $$$ so I tried this motel even though I read mixed reviews.

We stayed in a roadside room. The room itself was pretty small and had minimal to no amenties. The biggest complaint I have is the ants in the room. Since I have kids they left something out for an hour or so and when we came back there were ants all over the place. After that I was pretty much disgusted with room.

I figured maybe it was my fault for having food that was not contained, but when I mentioned it to the clerk when I was checking out she did not seem to make a big deal out it. It seemed like ants were common there.

I don't know if I would go back. Maybe for just one night if I wanted something simple and cheap. But if I wanted to go relax then I would be better off paying more.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2009

The King George Suite with two bedrooms, 1 bath and family room area was nice for travelling with friends and very economical ($260 inc. tax). It had a small kitchen area and table for meals. The sauna and heated pool were also very nice after a long day of tasting wines at all of the nearby wineries. Go to the the Wine Garage in Calistoga for great wine under $25 and helpful recommendations regarding wineries to visit. The road noise is noticable during the day but didn't bother us at night.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2009

This place had everything. It was a great Location; within walking distance to numerous vineyards to get lashed and Ana's Cantina to get more lashed.

It had an amazing view.

Great rooms and decor. Very comfortable and accomadating.

The staff were fantastic. They let us stay at the pool and jacuzzi until 3am crushing wine and screaming nonsensically. No complaints or police. If you are lucky, you may find my freinds shoes in the bushes out front. It was great.

I would recommend it to both, groups of freinds and families. What a great place.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed for one night at the El Bonita motel. Check in was efficient and informative. We stayed in a poolside room, but road noise did not intrude. The pool and hot tub were great. The inclusive breakfast was also pleasant, in a nice bright room. The wineries, shops and restaurants of St Helena are all close by. It was not cheap by motel standards, but I guess that's typical for St Helena. I would have no problem in recommending the El Bonita.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2009

We found this motel in Wine Spectator and checked it out on TripAdvisor. Great recommendation by both. We were very happy with our room, which was about 25 yards off Highway 29, the main wine country road. Road noise was not a factor. The room had a fridge and microwave. Very nice shower. The pool, hot tub, and sauna were very nice surprises. The free breakfast offered a nice variety and there is a quaint courtyard attached to the small lobby where you can eat outside. SPEND THE MONEY YOU SAVE HERE FOR BUYING SOME GREAT WINE OR EATING AT THE MANY WONDERFUL AREA RESTAURANTS!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2009

So it's a motel. If you get that in your head from the start you will LOVE this place. It's VERY CLEAN for a motel. It is located in my favorite city, St. Helena on the main road. So that part is good and bad. There is potential street noise for sure. Also you can hear everything...people walking by your room etc...not a quiet place. Mini fridge, microwaves in rooms, great to have!! Keep your picnic food in there...Oh, free internet too. If you just want to sleep and don't anticipate a lot of time in your room...look no further!! YOU CANNOT BEAT THE PRICE for the area. The pool is simple, clean. There is even complimentary basic goodies in the a.m. Service good enough. I would return.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
UpValley Inn & Hot Springs
UpValley Inn & Hot Springs
#13 of 15 in Calistoga
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn

Been to El Bonita Motel? Share your experiences!