I recommend The El Bonita for those who don't want to spend a fortune staying in Napa valley. It's a motel, but it's $300 a night cheaper than the nice hotels in town.
The room was very clean and spacious, with a patio out back. There was a mini-fridge, a coffee maker, wine glasses and a corkscrew.The best part was the bathtub. It was really deep - perfect for soaking - and there was a little bottle of bubble bath that was part of the complimentary toiletries.
Breakfast was fairly plain - coffee, pastries and juice. The wi-fi was awful, and very frustrating. The grounds were well kept, and the pool area was pleasant. Highway noise is an issue, as was construction behind the motel. Neither were enough of an issue compared to the price.
This is a good choice for those wanting who'd rather spend their money on gourmet food and wine or spa treatments instead of a fancy hotel room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- motel in Napa Valley,within walking distance to several wineries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your El Bonita Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Bonita Hotel St. Helena
- El Bonita St Helena
- El Bonita Motel St. Helena, CA - Napa Valley