For almost 20 years I have stayed in a variety of hotels in Calistoga. When I was quoted over $200 on a ho-hum hotel in Calistoga I went to Trip Advisor and found El Bonita in the neighboring town of St Helena. Phoned them and was quoted about half the price so was happy to take a chance. It's an old 1941 motor-hotel (as they were once called) that has all the charm of yesteryear with lovely and present day updates and comfort. We chose a more economical poolside (street side) room -- the windows are modern & insulated greatly reducing road noise. Plus it seems the Napa Valley is tucked in bed by 9 o'clock -- so don't judge check-in time road noise level by bed-time road noise -- it's totally different. There are windows that open on both sides of the room for cross ventilation, nice furnishings, lighting, microwave, Nespresso coffee maker, refrigerator and lovely updated bathroom with colorful stone floor in the shower. I was very pleased with our new discovery of the El Bonita and would definitely stay here again. We wanted for nothing, other than a more consistent wifi experience, which may have been a problem with their service provider. We ended up staying 3 nights -- finding the location very convenient and the cost savings went towards purchasing wonderful wine!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- motel in Napa Valley,within walking distance to several wineries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and HRS so you can book your El Bonita Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Bonita Hotel St. Helena
- El Bonita St Helena
- El Bonita Motel St. Helena, CA - Napa Valley