The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone
More attraction details
Owner description: The world-famous CIA's classrooms are home to some of the nation's top chefs.
Reno, NV
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“huge place!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had to stop here after someone told us about it. It was fun to go into their huge shop and see all the items (food and non-food) there. Unfortunately, their cafe wasn't open the day we went, so we weren't able to try that.

Brielle, New Jersey
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Birthday Dinner Plan B & I'll Return”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

CIA was recommended by an aquaintance of mine and I'm glad I listened to him. While I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this "school", it turned out to be a memorable dining experience that I'm still talking about.

The kitchen is surrounded by a bar and the dining area surrounding that is very open. While I heard the food orders being called out, neither that nor chatter from other tables intruded upon my dining experience.

My strip steak (served like medallions) was cooked perfectly rare and I really enjoyed the side veggie of spinach, mushrooms, and Bermuda onion. The wine list, by the glass and bottle, also includes pours. Next time? I'm going with pours so I can truly explore CIA's extensive wine list.

Service was very attentive but not overly so. I also observed several tables engaging the students in conversations about their studies and both parties seemed to enjoy the interaction.

Why Plan B? CIA isn't open 7 days a week.

Dunedin, Florida
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“An amazing place!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was a great surprise. The building is beautiful, so we stopped to see what it was, not being familiar with the CIA until then. And what an amazing place! The classrooms are beautiful, the food spectacular, the store a joy. The people were all helpful and informative. Do make a point of taking a tour so you can visit the cellar.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Maryellen F
New York City, New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“No wonder this is a CIA secret”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for lunch. Our sophisticated worldwide tastes were not disappointed with this hidden gem. The food was beyond perfection in taste and presentation. The wine was breathtaking in their unique system. You pay by the ounce, I had a 2005 Opus, 2005 Caymus and it didn't cost a small fortune. It's a great system and for once I didn't have to buy a 300 bottle to taste something special. The butternut squash soup was so good and so thick we wish we had more time to enjoy it and the seafood. We arrived in the Valley and weren't told this was a "must do". Don't know about dinner but lunch and the view were excellent. The Culinary Institute of America" (CIA) shouldn't keep this a secret.

Cape Coral
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A Little Schooling Can Be Fun!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Having eaten at the HydePark CIA we knew we could get an enjoyable meal at Greystone but unfortunately we were still satiated from our big breakfast. We thought about a tour of the building which would have been interesting, but a flavor bar paired with a chef-led video sounded like more fun...and it was! The Chef-instructor appears on screen and guides you through tasting how salt, sugar, spice & sour ingredients affect how we taste & enjoy foods. Using these ingredients individually & in combination highlight how chefs blend flavors to achieve a memorable event. Enlightening!

Visited September 2013